How soon for evidence?

(5 posts)
  1. Postpartum and Panicking

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jun 4 2019 15:14:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all- we found a dead bedbugs and fecal stains four and a half weeks ago and have had two treatments from the PCO. I have continued to get bites and have a general itchy rash since we found the bugs. Our last treatment with pesticide and Cimexa only was two weeks ago. My question is when can I expect to see any evidence of BBs following the last treatment? I have climb ups and David’s passive monitors and have found nothing. I am not sure what else to do besides continuing to monitor and check sheets/beds daily etc. We also found two fleas a few weeks ago but haven’t seen any since in our homemade trap. Any other advice for actually determining what is going on is much appreciated!! I am tired of itching... Thanks all!

2. ughhhhh

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jun 4 2019 16:59:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you know what your reaction time to bites is?

3. Postpartum and Panicking

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jun 4 2019 21:09:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I don’t know unfortunately. We only ever had one dead bug found and some fecal matter so not sure how many bugs were actually here. My bites have changed over the last several weeks to become more of a rash which I find weird. I am not sure if it’s a reaction to bed bugs or to something else. I’m just trying to be patient until we can find something!

4. ughhhhh

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jun 4 2019 21:34:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, take a breath. My skin has been freaking out since my infestation was confirmed -- stress and I'm thinking a reaction to all the desiccants laying around. Just keep monitoring! As I understand it bugs could have bitten you in the few days after your most recent treatment before the insecticide does it thing, and a two week bite reaction time isn't out of the question.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 9:07:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please remember successful treatment is not just about what you do in the home, its also about ensuring nothing gets brought into the home again.

Good pest controllers not only resolve the issue you have but they help you understand the role that personal responsibility plays in ensuring it does not happen again.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982