Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

How should I get them out of my shades? Steam?

(4 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 28 2008 8:52:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Will that kill the ones between the two parts. I never thought of looking at the other side of my shades, but when I did I noticed that only the bedroom shade had black and red specks that either smeared or were smeared. I think I finally found a hide out! What should I do? Spray Bedlam? I have two young kids. Thanks for the input.

2. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 28 2008 9:29:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Steam will kill bugs and eggs if directly hit by the steam. YES steam.
    Bedlam is for crack and crevice applications so use it that way. I would not spray all over with Bedlam, no need to. Ask your doctors about pesticides and children.
    Oh yes, I had been reminded in the past that Bedlam's label claims mattress spraying is OK. I would be a little careful on that. If you spray cracks and crevices like as in bed frames than a steamer should do the mattress safely but you should get Protect-A-Bed encasements also. I cannot justify spraying my mattress where my body and your children's body will come into close contact for six or more hours a day with chemicals unless you use treatment with intentions that you want to then discard the mattress.
    It just makes no sense to me to treat mattress with chemicals when steam can do the trick as good or better. My opinion.

3. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 28 2008 9:36:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Liet Dan:) I just purchased a steamer so I will steam away! Just what I want to do when I come home from a busy day at work!

4. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 28 2008 11:16:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, I know it sucks but you have to do what you have to do. It will become part of your routine and get easier and also you will be pro-active so that will help your mind.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19