Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

how reliable are these bird x monitors

(6 posts)
  1. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jan 23 2017 23:39:40
    #

Login to Send PM

After speak with manager of my apt had a pco come today he put up monitors between the box springs and mattress, couch that looks similar too bird x my concern is with mixed reviews have seen after 2 weeks he comes back there clear I'm at wits end with this as well because have been in this one bedroom apt almost 9 months and other than these bumps or bites and blood on sheets few times can't find no trace of any bed bug at any stage no feces, skins and I have looked this apt as well as furniture over with a fine tooth comb taken every precaution when first moved in encased new mattress and box springs made sure all my furniture was away from the wall etc there is no clutter all my clothes are in plastic totes just doesn't make any sense 9 months haven't seen or found a bed bug and after a partial and full treatment as well as pco inspecting had 3 different pcos too find nothing but my poor shoulders upper back and face something is causing it notice them after a shower 90 percent of the time any advice on this would be appreciated??

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jan 23 2017 23:58:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't seen any pros here recommend Bird X monitors, for what it's worth.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 24 2017 0:22:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Ty they just sort of look somewhat similar too them some he brought and set up earlier just concerned if he comes back in two weeks too check and if they are clear from the way he acted wasn't going too spray I just wish If that's what it is I could find I one after 9 months just frustrating but ty again for your time and comment nobugsonme!!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 24 2017 6:34:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

This design was initially launched under the ClearView branding. I know I am not the only one to fail to get capture in a tank trial but as the video below illustrates bed bugs don't generally get caught on glue:

https://youtu.be/LIDnn34xMNg

Hope that helps explain.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 24 2017 22:35:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually does help a lot David had a feeling wasn't much too it he put like 4 under each side of the matters and a couple under my couch just know I used basic glue traps in the past and wasn't no help sometimes I feel like I have more knowledge than the pcos with this company having too tell them stuff they should know aw ty David for your time and comment

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jan 25 2017 10:02:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sadly I can only agree with your assessment of some peoples technical abilities. Its sad really because so few would recommend someone they know is not top of their game.

Professional service should never be a lucky dip.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88