How often to check Co2 Monitor?

(6 posts)
  1. sooverit

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2011 12:32:25
    #

Login to Send PM

We moved out of our master bedroom last night and placed our Bed Bug Beacon on our bed. We may move it to the floor in a few days if we don't see any activity (but I think I am being bitten at night, in bed, so that's why we placed it there). We are also keeping the room warm in hope that will help attract them even more.

Does anyone know how often we can or should go in there to check if it has attracted anything? Can we do this once daily? I know they are meant to be used in unoccupied rooms (we are now sleeping in another room, down the hall) but I was not sure if entering for a few minutes each day to check it would be okay or if we should steer completely clear.

Thank you!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2011 17:43:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

From past experience I would say don't check for the first 2 or 3 days and then once a day in the morning is fine.

Entering the room as little as possible is to mainly to avoid sending mixed messages to any bedbugs present so they investigate the CO2 lure. However there is simply no need to go to the extent of exhaling into a balloon or anything like that.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. sooverit

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2011 20:42:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David we only went into the room for less than a minute today to get something we forgot in there but have not touched the monitor.

We will wait a few more days before re-entering so we can actually take the top off of the monitor and see if it caught anything. I am kind of hoping it doesn't and that this is all in my head!

4. djames1921

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 19:20:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Follow David's advice, leave it in place for at least 2-3 days.

Disclaimer I make the bed bug beacon

5. sooverit

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 22:05:32
    #

Login to Send PM

djames1921 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Follow David's advice, leave it in place for at least 2-3 days.
    Disclaimer I make the bed bug beacon

Well thank Goodness you do! We are testing for a week or so with the beacon and we just purchased two of David's passives for monitoring after that since we cannot find any live or dead bugs after one treatment. I am praying we don't catch anything in th beacon and it's all in my head (wishful thinking!)

6. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 22:08:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Sooverit: My fingers are crossed for you

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,328 posts in 50,173 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14