How Much Work Do I Need To Do.

(2 posts)
  1. BeyondBuggedOut

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sun Aug 6 2017 13:20:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok. 1st. My child's father lives with bugs. A german cockroach got sent home last fall. That was no fun. I did not know his roommates hone had bed bugs too. Until about 2 weeks ago. I was asleep and my kiddo happened to use the flashlight on his phone to find the remote and saw the strange bug. Woke me up. We got a pic. And for sure it was a fully grown adult female bedbug. We left that bedroom and I washed and dried everything that was cloth and not put away. I didn't mess w my drawers or closets. Oh! That bug just chilled where it sat long enough for my kid to wake me up, us to take a couple photos and to grab it w a tissue. I find that odd. Anyways. A week after we left the room I set up some yeast traps in the floor. Caught one baby bed bug. It hadn't had it's 1st molt. I don't think either of us have been bitten @ all. His suitcase came home 6 weeks before we saw the adult and had been stored in his room where no1 was sleeping. The door to that room is always closed because we have a puppy. A few days later I set up a yeast trap in the unused room...didn't catch a bug and then again last night set up traps in the room where the 1st bug was seen. Didn't catch anything. Did we get amazingly lucky the kid went for the remote the exact second a bug was looking for a meal or do I need to tear apart my entire bedroom. PS. I purchased a pressure steam cleaner for the job.

2. BeyondBuggedOut

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sun Aug 6 2017 13:31:08
    #

Login to Send PM

We have a few spiders here. Mostly hunting spiders. I've seen more of those than usual in my room. I wonder if they have been keeping the issue in check. And I wonder why they didn't eat that fatty one we saw.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,892 posts in 45,388 topics over 138 months by 19,944 of 20,704 members. Latest: davebentonn, Therseld1931@armyspy.com, Chivabug