How long until they are all gone

(5 posts)
  1. scc121

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 10:15:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all, just a quick one from me! I bought bed bugs back with me on my luggage from France and proceeded to spray the bed frame, carpets etc with bed bug spray and also covered the carpet and bed frame in insecticidal powder which has been left for long periods. I threw out my mattress.

Call me crazy but I haven't slept in my bedroom now for 2 and a half years and have just left the powder down and played the waiting game. I know you're not supposed to vacate your room as they can spread but there has been no signs whatsoever of them in any other room. So my question is have I waited long enough for them to be all dead from starvation.

2. thirdusername

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 18:45:13
    #

Login to Send PM

They could be feeding on pets or moved to an adjacent apartment.
    I would go back to sleeping in your bedroom.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. Mawiwala

Posted 12 months ago
    Mon Dec 11 2017 2:21:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Where did you sleep? If they could they would have follow you. I think you are in the clear.

4. scc121

newbite

Posted 12 months ago
    Mon Dec 11 2017 15:28:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been sleeping downstairs on a new mattress. We only have a couple aquariums with fish in no other pets so don't think they could have been feeding any other way. There is no signs of them having moved to any other room in the house. After 32 months I would have thought there would either be a raging infestation which would be very obvious or none at all?

5. Mawiwala

Posted 12 months ago
    Mon Dec 11 2017 16:25:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Like I said, they would have followed you downstairs if they could and then you would see them everywhere after 2 1/2 years. There are no bed bugs and if there were any in the first place, they aren't alive anymore.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,362 posts in 46,986 topics over 143 months by 20,736 of 21,010 members. Latest: Chumchum871, concernedmom, Bedbugs_PTSD