Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

How long till deltamethrin takes effect?

(2 posts)
  1. AndySE

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jan 15 2012 0:20:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I sprayed a BB with deltamethrin over half an hour ago and it's still as active as ever. Is that normal, or are my bugs resistent?

Btw, turns out the policy of the pest control company handling my infestation is to use silica dust as well as be thorough with pesticide application. But my local PCO seems woefully uninformed. The head office woman said she would definitely look into it. Just my luck. Getting the newbie.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jan 15 2012 0:58:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I myself have done testing with deltamethrin at 3-5 times more then the legal limit with populations I have collected in NYC. I have found bugs resistant to it for sure.

Dini Miller, an entomologist out of the University of VA said this year she was pouring DM over bugs at ten times the limit and the bugs were basically laughing at her.

40% of the work I do is behind failed treatments. When I ask about the chemicals previously used, it's usually products with deltamethrin as the active ingredient.

Not saying you or anyone who reads this is dealing with resistance but its out there. That's why you have to really know your business when treating bed bugs. Always use a multi level approach and be extremely thorough for the quickest/best results.

Good Luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956