How long should I wait to move?

(2 posts)
  1. Panic

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 11 2017 10:29:28
    #

Login to Send PM

We were planning to finally move this spring, well before we realized we had bed bugs.
    We currently live in an old, crappy and depressing rental home. We have felt trapped here financially sense we moved in, three years ago. The owner of the home is a perfect example of a "slum lord".
    There are brand-new very nice apartments being built in our town, and we applied to get one. We were approved and the building is due to open late this spring.
    Now we are feeling trapped again, due to these bugs.
    We have tossed out nearly all of our furniture and scrubbed down what little furniture remains. I have washed and bagged up all clothing/bedding/childrens' toys in the house- only leaving us a few items to use during the week.
    I have treated the house myself, and have lined each room's edge with DE.
    I vacuum and wipe things down daily, and wash our items daily.

I have not seen a live bug or skins or fecal stains anywhere in the house sense the initial discovery-6 days ago.

Could I possibly move without bringing bed bugs with us to our new place?
    What is a safe way to move???

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 11 2017 16:38:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn't see this before I responded to your other post. At 6 days out it's way too early to know if you are done with them. If you move with the bugs still, you will just have your nightmare scenario in a different location. Also, you need to think about if you know where you could have gotten them from, so you can try to avoid them in the future.

Try to get your hands on Cimexa--Amazon has it. For the same amount of effort that you are using with the DE you will get a much better result with Cimexa. You can use a paint brush to apply. If you are interested in this I can give you more detailed instructions, but I'm not going to use my time if it's not something you're going to do.

Respond to my questions on the other post and we can start brainstorming to help your situation.

Best wishes, I'm sorry you have to go through this.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,900 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186