Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

How long for passive monitoring

(2 posts)
  1. Scared88

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 17:00:45
    #

Login to Send PM

How long is long enough to not find any BB evidence to be sure you don't have them? We have the mattress encasements and climb-up interceptors installed on the beds (although the couch is impossible as it's electric with recliners so there's virtually no way to eliminate alternate sources of access to the couch).

How long do we not catch anything in the bed for me to safely assume we don't have them?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 17:23:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry if this seems pedantic but let me explain.

While what you described could be thought of as passively monitoring your home it should not be confused with Passive Monitors and the method of Passive Monitoring covered by patents I have been granted.

The standard configuration of isolate and encase does not have a reliable timeline for how long before signs should be obvious. This is down mainly to the unrelatedly unreliability of inexperienced visual inspection but traditionally the Mark has been set at 90 days.

However Passive Monitors once installed on a non isolated bed show signs of bedbugs in as little as 12-72 hours but we advise 7 days clear is a good sign and 14 is the all clear. With isolated beds you need to add 7 days to the all clear.

Hope that makes sense.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,715 posts in 48,877 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver