How long does Propoxur last for?

(8 posts)
  1. Knowthyenemy

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 19:50:55
    #

Login to Send PM

PCO came and sprayed Propoxur (Baygon). I hear it is powerful stuff. How long does it last for residually?

Thanks!

2. Knowthyenemy

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 21:41:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, and my boyfriend (who I do not live with) wants to get a kitten- is it safe if I may have propoxur residue on my being?

If I clean up with a wet rag, might it remove the propoxur? What about a dry one?

Is it repellant at all? Would an OTC permetherin spray in areas he missed be contrainticated?

3. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 22:09:50
    #

Login to Send PM

If a professional has applied chemicals, do NOT do anything without checking with them. You don't want to undo everything the professional did and they would much rather have you call them with a question than come back out to respray.

I am not a pro but I have seen that said enough times around here. Can't advise you on the kitten. I only know my own chemicals are safe for my cat after drying. Yours may be different.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2016 0:27:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Knowthyenemy - 4 hours ago  » 
    PCO came and sprayed Propoxur (Baygon). I hear it is powerful stuff. How long does it last for residually?
    Thanks!

You'd have to ask the PCO.
    Curious where you are?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Knowthyenemy

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2016 14:12:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 13 hours ago  » 

Knowthyenemy - 4 hours ago  » 
    Thanks!

You'd have to ask the PCO.
    Curious where you are?

Ontario- he didn't know what Permetherin was, was going to get mouae glue traps for the bugs, didn't know what interceptors were, so I'm not too hopeful he is much more than a "henchman"... Also doesn't have email. Hence asking here. But I'll try and ask.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2016 22:13:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Did he leave a slip after treatment stating exactly what was applied and where? There seem to be multiple products which are Baygon (Propoxur).

Here's one: http://gardexinc.com/labels/899911565_Gardex_Baygon_1percent.pdf

That label does not specify bed bugs as a target pest. It may be they used a different product as there seemed to be other concentrations.

You want to look at the slip for the exact product and concentration. Then search online for a label.

7. Knowthyenemy

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 9 2016 23:44:29
    #

Login to Send PM

There was no slip left, and he does not have email. He did say he got it from Gardex, though.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 10 2016 16:30:04
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like they may have used a product not labeled for bed bugs, so it's not going to be possible to determine from the label how long it will last. You should call and ask the PCO as misery said about this and about bringing in a new kitten.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,734 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah