Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

How long does it take you to react to a bite?

(3 posts)
  1. Buggybuggers

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Apr 30 2017 5:50:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been wondering this since we had our second treatment 5 days ago and I have not seen any signs of bed bugs at all. But today a bite appeared next to an old one on my arm, I'm not sure if it's a delayed reaction or if I've been bitten again. However there is no surrounding bites on my arm at all so I'm not sure. Help? Also how long does it take you guys to react to bites?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Apr 30 2017 22:37:00
    #

Login to Send PM

It can take hours, days, or a week or more. So it could certainly have happened before treatment.

Keep in mind also that if they're treating with pesticides-- residual chemicals and/or dusts-- bed bugs have to cross the pesticide to die, and then it won't necessarily be instantaneous. So even if you did have live bed bugs five days after treatment, it does not necessarily mean treatment isn't working.

Delayed reactions are the norm. Most people don't know how long they take to react, unless they've seen a bed bug bite them and recorded how long it took for something to appear on that spot.

Bites aren't the best way to monitor so consider using bed bug monitors and searching for new signs (like new fecal stains) which will be present if bed bugs are alive. They will feed, they will poop, and you can learn to find those signs which are easier to find in most cases than spotting live bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Buggybuggers

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 1 2017 9:46:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah the pco said to leave the insecticide for 3 months so hopefully it will work. Thank you for your advice

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982