(10 posts)
  1. KellyAnne

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Feb 24 2009 14:30:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi guys...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long the PCO should be waiting between treatments? I had my first treatment (after 2 do-it-yourself) treatments last Thursday. They called today to tell me that they are coming again on Tuesday. They say that the eggs hatch within 5-7 days. Another exterminator said that it takes 10-15 days for the eggs to hatch. Are they coming too soon? And if they are what do I do about it?

2. KellyAnne

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Feb 24 2009 14:45:03
    #

Login to Send PM

opps I mean they are coming again on Thursday

3. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Feb 24 2009 18:27:03
    #

Login to Send PM

It seems a little early -- eggs take between 6 to 17 days to hatch.

As such, what you will want to do is make sure there is a third visit (in case more eggs hatch). You might also want to task the PCO if they will be laying down any residual poison.

4. BugBoy911

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Feb 24 2009 22:14:10
    #

Login to Send PM

The pesticides that your PCO will be using is more than likely a residual pesticide, probably Suspend SC or some other synthetic pyrethroid. Were you in the structure during the treatment? How many rooms were treated? Did he use dust? Did he give you any labels following treatment for the chemicals he used so you know what they are?

5. KellyAnne

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Feb 24 2009 22:59:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I looked at the bottle that he used but I cannot remember what it was called. *bah* the phone was ringing and I should have wrote it down! No, he didn't use any dust. He came in and sprayed the two bedrooms, bathroom, living room and furniture, basement and unused furniture downstairs. It took him all of 25 minutes to do the whole place. When I did my own two treatments it took me two hours both times. Honestly, he didn't seem very thorough. I turned my back on him when my phone started ringing while he was trying to take the drawers out of my daughters dresser and he couldn't get it out, when I came back to help him get them out, he was already moved on to something else so I don't know if he had even done them. I didn't see him spray any of the door frames or window seals....I just don't feel very confident with this at all. I even told him that I was told by another exterminator that the eggs do not hatch for 10-16 days and he just looked at me and laughed and said that wasn't true. If it wasn't for the fact that I am renting and my landlords so generously *rolls eyes* are paying for this (however, I have to pay them back the $800 in the next 2 months), I would phone and tell them not to come back at all.

6. djames1921

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Feb 25 2009 0:31:55
    #

Login to Send PM

25 minutes isn't very long for a whole house

7. angie

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Feb 25 2009 11:33:45
    #

Login to Send PM

My PCO took over 45 minutes for a 3 bedroom apartment and I scheduled treatments every two weeks. Which they so graciously did! I had a personal relationship with my PCO until after we moved and then they got snauty with me. I stirred up some trouble. Good luck with you LL as I know how those type are too. The only reason I got the treatments is the Health dept threatened to red tag the building if they didn't comply. You have to leave after treatments don't you? I am concerned that you are staying in there when they are doing the treatments too. I hope you can get this figured out for your sake and sanity. Good luck!!

8. KellyAnne

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Feb 25 2009 16:20:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so I live in a duplex. My mom called around today to find out the other PCO's about their guarantees and how long they wait in between. There's only like 4 of them here in my city. One of them said they only treat once. The other said they come back in 10-14 days and that they don't guarantee because they do such a good job (haha that's kinda comical)....another said that their work is only as good as the prep job before it and the one I am using said they don't guarantee for places that are attached to other places because they can travel and that they use to come out in 10-12 days but they did a lot of research and they have been finding that the eggs hatch in 5-7 days. Sounds like I don't have a lot of hope with any of these places. Hopefully because it wasn't a bad infestation my two treatments and the two he is doing will be enough! I didn't win the 48 million lottery so I can't just take my kids and leave LOL.

9. nightshirt

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Feb 25 2009 17:10:01
    #

Login to Send PM

i am a success case. i know what i am talking about. 10-14 days is correct. it is only as good as you prep - correct. you need to follow the bb protocol exactly for however long it takes to rid yourself of them (my yeardstick was 14 days after last treatment with no bites) then i lived as if i still had them for another 8 months. my messed with my mind for sure

10. KellyAnne

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Feb 26 2009 19:30:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so he came today and he used Dragnet pesticide. Anyone heard of that stuff? I feel more confident as I watched him and where he sprayed and he seemed more thorough this time. However, I asked him how long I need to live out of the bags and vacuum every day and he told me to vacuum everything like sides of beds, dresser drawers, etc etc. Take the clothes and spin them in the in the dryer once more and then I can unpack them from the bags. As much as I would love to not live out of a plastic bag anymore, I think I will wait to see if I find anymore bugs/bites on any of us before I go that far.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1