Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

How long after treatment can I have the exterminator come in for "regular" spray

(7 posts)
  1. Suzanne

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 17:17:29
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I was last treated for BBs at the end of August. Now that spring has sprung I want to have the whole house sprayed. Any advice? Are the residuals from the BB treatment still around? Will it interfere with anything?
    Thanks a million!
    S♥

2. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 2:09:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I really don't know how long of a residual action chemicals have after they were applied, but i would be cautious about wanting more chemical treatments in the absence of infestation, as you are now exposing yourself to toxins unnecessarily, which is is never a good thing to do. If anything it would be a waste of money.

.....I am NOT an expert.....

Any advice i give here is based solely on my own personal experiences in dealing with bedbugs & other household vermin.
  3. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 13:05:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Very good question, Suzanne. I don't know the answer, but I am bumping this thread so that maybe a pro will see it and weigh in.

The only thing I can add is that I use to have our house sprayed for general pests every 3 months. During that time, I never had any issues with bugs or spiders. I stopped doing it last summer when I brought our puppy home and I was afraid that she would lick the baseboards that had been sprayed. I have now been told (by an expert on the chemical that was used) that it was ok to do the spraying.....just to wait until all was dry before letting our puppy (now 70 lbs ~ good grief!!) loose in the house.

So, now that I have stopped the 3 month spraying, I have the little buggies roaming around again this Spring. And Godspeed to any spiders I encounter for they will be crossing the spider rainbow bridge rather quickly!!!

That doesn't help you in the exact question that you have, but maybe it can help you with future general pest spraying for the newly awaken creepy crawlies.

4. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 13:13:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Suzanne - 19 hours ago  » 
    So, I was last treated for BBs at the end of August. Now that spring has sprung I want to have the whole house sprayed. Any advice? Are the residuals from the BB treatment still around? Will it interfere with anything?

Hi Suzanne,

You might want to call and ask your PCO and the actual company that did the treatment . . . as they would be the one(s) to know what exactly was used and how long the residual should last for the particular chemical(s) they used . . . and if any additional spraying would interfer with it.

Just a thought!

5. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 22:12:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Most household bugs are harmless, I think this is a bad idea on three levels

1- it perpetuates the delusional state that you still think you have bed bugs or bugs that need to be controlled, so psychologically it's really, really bad, it sure won't help with the obsessive thoughts, which I really thought you were trying to get rid of

2- it's an absolute waste of good money

3- it's not good for your health (and those in your household) to have pesticide applied and breathe them

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  6. Suzanne

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 12 2014 7:50:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Andrea
    I'm just trying to get a leg-up on the other critters. Being in the humid south there are A LOT of bugs and yes, most are harmless, but they can be harmless outside instead of in. Typically my husband sprays with HomeDefense and that works pretty well. I am not a chemical kind of gal, however bugs are the one thing I will gladly use chemicals to combat.

This really isn't about BBs, I promise. It's about helping myself NOT be on high alert because we have an overabundance of creepy crawlies.

The south+spring+summer+humidity=the ugliest bugs

7. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 12 2014 9:00:38
    #

Login to Send PM

The south+spring+summer+humidity=the ugliest bugs

Hi Suzanne,

I get what you are saying. I grew up in Southern Mississippi and the summers were full of all kinds of bugs.

The worst were what we referred to as "water bugs". They were like roaches on steroids!!! They were HUGE and they had wings to fly. I can remember lying in bed one night as a kid and having one of those things land on my face.......HOLY CRAP!!!....LOL.

They always seemed to find their way inside our house anytime we had a lot of rain. I guess that's why we called them "water bugs"???

Butterfly

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956