Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

How long after exposure can bites show up?

(3 posts)
  1. Cannotdeal

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Thu Nov 15 2018 9:50:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve done a lot of reading on here and totally understand that everyone is different, and reaction time can vary. So basically I’ve experienced bed bugs before at my ex bfs place - unfortunately when I asked him about it he denied it and made me think I was crazy and I was the one with the problem - I had my place treated despite the Orkin guy telling me he MAY have found evidence (nothing firm) and honestly I ended up tossing everything and moving.

In hindsight I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the one with the problem, but I’m insane about this stuff so I couldn’t get peace of mind until I started over.

That being said - I made the unfortunate mistake of seeing said ex again, staying over for a few hours - two weeks later, I wake up with bites - only 3 showed up. Im positive they are BB bites, but a delayed reaction because they were not itchy at all. Given I went through it already, I experienced reactions 24 hours after exposure to 2 weeks after, the later ones were not itchy.

It’s been a week and a half since the first 2 showed up, and 1 week since the third bite. Tbh, I’ve been sleeping with every inch of my body covered due to my mass paranoia - I’ve cleaned everything, I bought a new mattress cover. Despite this. Today I woke up with a bite on my nose! Of all places.

My question is - is it possible the bite on my nose is a delayed reaction from exposure 22 days ago?! Or, do I need to get my place treated? I didn’t see a trace of anything, but I can’t say I’m confident in what I’m looking for 😭

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 11 months ago
    Thu Nov 15 2018 10:44:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Doubtful that you brought any home with you, the timing is not consistent with bed bugs. It wouldn't be a bad idea to monitor the situation if you are feeling uneasy. Search the site for DIY Bed Bug Monitors, Lou and Paul have both posted great homemade monitors, or you can buy a ready made and tested monitor from one of the links over there. -------->

3. Cannotdeal

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Thu Nov 15 2018 14:48:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it because of the bite 22 days after exposure? The 2 weeks seems normal to me based on my previous experience. Like it originally was that the bites showed up 24 hours after exposure and then after 2 weeks of being in a hotel/away from the infested home, I still had some showing up.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs