How early can passive monitor be used?

(6 posts)
  1. testytraveler

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 4:44:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I have only been staying in my current sublet for a few days and I'm worried that I may have brought bbs with me (was traveling and had a run-in with them a few days before).

For peace of mind I'm considering a monitor. But would this work so early? Of course if they are in here I'd like to know ASAP but would like to understand if they would work so early and whether passive or active would be better. Also, can these be easily installed without damaging anything (since I'm subletting)?

Thank you for any help!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 6:15:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

They should be installed from the first night do that you get the benefits from day 1. The idea being that any bedbugs you brought with you make a new home in it rather than in random places around the room. Effectively acting as an activity concentrator so you can tell as fast as 12 -72 hours from introduction (independent data verifies this).

If you look up my online guide you will see all the optimal installation sites do not damage te furniture or fixtures and yet offers a great way to easily resolve a light infestation through the protocol we named "treatment by Passive Monitor replacement".

People have cleared literally thousands of cases using this method and if more widely adopted the global state of infestations would be lower.

Hope that helps and hoping you did not bring them with you on the move.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. testytraveler

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 7:03:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David. I am ready to buy one ASAP, like yesterday!!! But since I have already been here a few days and it will take a few more days to arrive in the mail, will it still work as early prevention? And can you explain why this is better than the active monitor?

Thank you thank you..

4. testytraveler

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 7:04:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, can it be used in a car? I also want to monitor our rental car. (answer on site - yes they can!)

So I really want to do what is best and most effective immediately. Do you recommend that there is a benefit to using both the passive and active monitors simultaneously, or does one interfere with the other's effectiveness and I should choose?

Thanks again.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 8:57:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I only use active monitors in areas that are not being occupied so in your situation Passive Monitoring is the correct logic.

They are effective from the day of install, sooner rather later but a few days delay is not the end of the world.

In terms of prevention steps today I would say read the FAQ so that you understand all you can in case you have an issue. Aside from that make sure you are no cluttered following the move and set things as you would normally have them. In that way you can rely on the bedbugs to behave as they normally would.

It's a kind of "Zen and the art of bedbugs" because turning your life upside down is often neither helpful not needed.

David

6. testytraveler

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 10:35:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks again David.

I PM'd you with some Qs about shipping etc.

We are traveling and just moved into a sublet a few days ago (someone else's place with their stuff, but fortunately they are very minimalist and uncluttered). We followed much of the advice here about traveling and not bringing it into a new place (threw out our luggage, washed clothes very hot and keep in bags - no dryer but used 95 degrees, other personal belongings sealed in zip locks or other bags, etc.). The only mistake I know I made was bringing my iPhone into the place the first night and having it near the bed. I hear the electronics inhabitation is rare unless things are quite bad, but I believe a coat might've been infested and the iPhone was in that pocket so..... Otherwise I am already kind of OCD anyways so we are trying to be very careful about everything. I hope for the best.

Compounding my problem of uncertainty is that there are both fleas (cat, and I saw one try to bite me yesterday) and mosquitos (island) here, and I believe I probably have bites from all 3 now, including delayed bb reactions, so it's quite a mental torture and confusion as I'm sure you know all about.

Looking forward to the monitor hopefully giving me some peace of mind.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,821 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen