Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

How does I get positive identification, i.e., find an entomologist to confirm?

(4 posts)
  1. samster853

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 30 2010 12:54:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I was bitten at a NY Hotel in July and am almost sure I brought them home to Florida. I am seeing a lot of tiny bits of dark colored, porous "debris" - bits and pieces of stuff that I cannot identify showing up on my bed and in the vicinity. But I also have cats and maybe it is connected to their jumping on/off the bed and I never noticed it before; wasn't looking that closely! I think I have also seen shells from molting but it is hard to know, as a layman, what they truly are. Is the dark colored debris a sign of BB fecal matter or some other BB related substance?

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 30 2010 13:02:54
    #

Login to Send PM

3. peppy

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 30 2010 13:36:44
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have samples that you want someone to look at, you might want to call some local exterminators and try to determine if any have good experience with bedbugs. Once you find one, they might have an entomologist or other person on staff who can identify what you have found.

4. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 30 2010 13:42:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Is the dark colored debris a sign of BB fecal matter or some other BB related substance?

No, it sounds more like a fleas problem.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,404 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams