Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

How do you guys do it?

(3 posts)
  1. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Mar 2 2009 13:17:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I went to a birthday party at a friend's house in Brooklyn this weekend. I wore all clean clothes, packtited shoes and coat, and didn't take a bag. At the friend's house, I didn't sit, and I held on to my coat (didn't put it down anywhere).

After the house, we went to a bar, and still I held my coat while everyone was putting theirs on backs of chairs. I also stood, rather than sat, the whole time. And still, I worried about a bug crawling into my shoe, so I put them in a ziploc when I got home (as per usual) and packtited them the next day.

How do you guys do it? I want to go out and be social, but I'm freaked about even being in public places. Obviously, I didn't leave the party, but there's this fear of putting my jacket down (even though it's bagged when I get home) or wondering if a bug will crawl from the bar floor onto my sock... How do you go out to dinner and sit at a table? It's insane!

2. angie

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Mar 2 2009 13:23:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Sometimes it is just what you have to do to keep your sanity. I still look around at other peoples places and hope I never see anything but its always on the back of my mind. Going out and seeing friends is what will make this whole ordeal survival. Good luck and keep your chin up. Eventually, you will be done with this and have friends to credit for your sanity.

3. brooklynbite

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Mar 2 2009 23:24:10
    #

Login to Send PM

It gets better. I actually sat down on the subway for the first time in months this past weekend. Granted, the train was almost entirely empty and it was a well lit, clean car with pale blue seats, so I could really check things out before I sat. I will still NEVER sit if the train is crowded and I have to sit next to someone, or if it is dark. I also went to a movie the week before, although I felt creepy and crawly the entire time and held my coat on my lap. I stripped and shook out my clothes over the bath tub when I got home.

With time, you will learn to relax a bit, while still keeping your eye out and being cautious. It can be scary, but it helps to have some semblance of normalcy again.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1