Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

How do PCO's treat hotel rooms quickly and inconspicuously?

(5 posts)
  1. blargg

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 6 2011 6:57:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone with experience on the issue?

2. bedbugman

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2011 5:45:07
    #

Login to Send PM

All I would take to a STD hotel job would be a pelicase with my gear in no one would know what I was there for and if anyone ever asked I would say I was a plumber , electrician etc...

3. blargg

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2011 19:59:35
    #

Login to Send PM

How do you get 'em in one shot? The hotel wouldn't want to close down a room for an extended period of time, I'm sure...

4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2011 21:15:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not directly in the hotel industry. From what we've heard (ancillary business), they do shut the room down for a while and monitor it vs. risk to their reputation. Occupancies are down in most of the US, so this part isn't tough to do except when there is a convention. In some cases, a room may be totally renovated after this issue since a lot of the hospitality industry is behind the typical schedule for renovations.

Also, have heard secondhand that historically pest control in hotels is done on a very low key basis for obvious reasons.

That said, I work with a frequent traveler who takes a half hour to do a full check of each hotel/motel and has been shocked at how frequently there are signs. It must be more common than I thought.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  5. pest_tech

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2011 21:45:10
    #

Login to Send PM

We do most of our hotel work via heat treatment. Our heat trucks/trailers are also unmarked.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 155 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993