Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

How do I see my girlfriend if I have bed bugs?

(6 posts)
  1. bedbugbubble

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu May 21 2009 6:01:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay. I've just found out this week I have bed bugs. I'm taking all of the precautions, but I'm still waiting for my landlord to set up an inspection time with the POC so I haven't done le big clean.

Thing is, I have a girlfriend who normally stays over. I won't go to her place for fear of infesting her until this is over, or at least in a better place.

But how have others coped with having a non-live-in girlfriend/boyfriend/partner?

I have a cat that's basically hers too, and she's aching to see her. Can I have her over? What would she need to do to ensure she doesn't bring 'em home?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Broken-hearted.

2. Emmm

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu May 21 2009 7:25:18
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a tough situation all around.

I know with my boyfriend, he did stay over here the odd time (we both had bed bugs), keeping his cleaned clothes in a specific ziploc bag, his shoes outside and wearing specific clothes we kept for him here. He showered before leaving, and if I was particularly paranoid, showered when he got home (or at least rinsed off). I never went to his place because I was afraid I wasn't as thorough as he is. The man is incredibly neat and careful. It still didn't happen all that often because I was so damn paranoid of cross-contamination. *L*

As far as I know, we never sent bugs to each other's houses save before we knew we had them. If you take all precautions, hopefully you'll be fine. It involved a lot of stripping at the door and keeping all the blinds closed on my end, so who knows what the neighbours thought? Good luck.

3. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu May 21 2009 8:26:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Tyvek suits with strategic zippers, new age courtship/ agent orange meets clockwork orange.

4. tryingtobecalm

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu May 21 2009 11:41:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you sure that she didn't already track them to her place? If she had been over at your place before you knew, she could have easily picked them up. If I were you, I'd probably have her place checked just to be sure. Otherwise you risk re-infestation. Good luck!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu May 21 2009 12:25:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Regardless of whether you go there or she comes to you, precautions to avoid spreading bed bugs must be taken. Please check out the FAQs on this, which are in the travel section, though they apply to avoiding moving bed bugs to or from work or places you visit, also.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. bedbugbubble

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu May 21 2009 12:50:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for all of your help. This has been an emotional roller coaster.

It's so frustrating. I wish there were more articles on the social impact of bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus