How do I save my furniture?

(8 posts)
  1. buggygonn1

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 3 2017 12:36:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Since my LL doesn't believe I have BB the PCO is just spraying the perimeter of my apt. What do you suggest I spray my furniture with? I would like to take it with me when I move. Also if you put down Cimexa do you reapply every time you vacuum?

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 3 2017 13:44:07
    #

Login to Send PM

If you vacuum the area with it, I guess you would need to reapply.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 3 2017 14:27:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Until you have a confirmed infestation you should not treat.

It's kind of the golden rule or you get caught in cycle of treating and treating but the reality is your treating for the wrong thing.

Hope that is clear.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. buggygonn1

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 3 2017 15:56:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay David I will take your advice. It's hard not to do anything. I have sprayed my bed frame and put a mattress protector on(I just paid 1,300.00 for the bed) I have a passive monitor on my box spring and climb ups and I'm still getting bit every day. Thanks for all you do to help us out.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 3 2017 16:37:35
    #

Login to Send PM

So far from what I've read you haven't found anything bed bug related, that's a good thing.
    You may want to start looking for other causes at this point if you're still having frequent skin reactions. Any changes in soaps, detergents, deodorants? Any prior allergy issues?

6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 3 2017 17:21:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Agreed - do nothing until you confirm. If you "get bit"every day - that just makes it that much easier to find evidence. So do the math here - it has to make sense. You would have brain surgery just because of a headache, would you?

Good luck!

7. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 4 2017 15:36:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I know how you feel buggygonn1 all new furniture myself but not one bed bug found in 9 months after my doctor looking at me yesterday and telling me polite but blunt brother those are not bb bites eased my worries alot my next step is this allergy appointment I'm not saying you do or dont just being honest when I say may wanna start looking into other things that may be causing it I know exactly how you feel good luck

8. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 4 2017 16:10:36
    #

Login to Send PM

buggygonn1 - 23 hours ago  » 
    Okay David I will take your advice. It's hard not to do anything. I have sprayed my bed frame and put a mattress protector on(I just paid 1,300.00 for the bed) I have a passive monitor on my box spring and climb ups and I'm still getting bit every day. Thanks for all you do to help us out.

I would definitely look for other causes cause if you installed good quality climb ups and isolated the bed, you shouldn't really be getting "bites". I bought the black out climb ups and isolated the bed and haven't been getting noticeable bites since. Climb ups are controversial, they can cause the bugs to spread to other areas in search of a blood meal. Only reason I'm using them is for the mental relief and since the bugs are already throughout the house. That and I am planning on moving properly to try and escape them since my landlord is garbage and they are too entrenched into the structure to properly eradicate with the pcos we have. It's wrong to leave these pests for someone else to deal with but I don't have a choice. I have two little girls and I can't let them live like this forever. I'd stay and fight if eradication was realistic, it's just not.

If I were you, I'd remove the climb ups that way you can monitor if your skin reactions are getting worse or not. They aren't really good for catching bugs unless your infestation is well under way. There's a video on YouTube of an experiment that shows how the bugs are smart enough to not fall in and they just circle the edge and then leave. Eventually some do fall in, but it's like they sense they are going to fall with a couple of their legs and then pull back out, wish I could find the link.

Plus they are sort of counter productive to the passive monitor. Just some thoughts.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,755 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07