Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » About the Forums

How can we get more experts/pros to post in the "Who's Who" thread?

(11 posts)
  1. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 3 2015 23:13:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone have an idea how we can get our esteemed experts/pros to post about themselves in the Who's Who (expert/pro edition) thread in the green stickies? NB has subtly asked for submissions on that string a couple of times, but that hasn't done the trick.

The only way I know of to bribe a pro on this forum is with promises of moonpies - and DC has already posted. (Where is Abs when you need her?)

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and I'm at a loss for creative ideas. So I'm going to do the only thing I can think of...

That's right, I'm callin' people out! (in the kindest, most respectful way I can, of course)

Lou...
    Winston...
    Killer Queen...
    Canuck...
    (I'm sure there are more, these are just the names that come to mind)

Please...please...pretty please...post something about yourselves in the “Who's Who” thread. Don't be shy. I think it would be so helpful to newcomers. Your contributions to this forum are so valuable, and I can't understand why you would be hesitant to share something about yourselves in that thread.

I know you have your credentials in your sig files, but I think a post from you in that thread would be especially helpful for a few reasons:

1. Based on the number of views, I suspect a lot of folks read that thread when they first come to the forum. In fact someone recently asked a question about whether any of the pros are still around just a few days ago.

2. I think a lot of people don't think to read the sig files

3. Your sig file only shows up on the first post you make on any given thread

Hopefully my not-so-subtle plea will be sufficient to cajole some/all of you into adding a post about yourselves to that thread.

If not, I welcome all suggestions for bribery tactics. I'm not opposed to stooping to bribery, if that's what it takes. (NB, TAOT, Richard, Abs, BigDummy, others...any ideas?)

With utmost respect,

Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 4 2015 5:35:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, you caught me. I forgot to do it. I've been nudged. Thanks.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 4 2015 9:59:54
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 4 hours ago  » 

Thanks Lou.

(Whew! I was afraid I was going to have to delve into the world of entomophagy to bribe you...and I wouldn't even begin to know where to start with that...)

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 4 2015 10:08:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Well there you go, FormerlyBuggy!

To assist, here's a link to the pro/expert thread:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/whos-who-at-bedbugger-expertpro-edition

And here's one to the thread where non-experts can introduce themselves:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/whos-who-at-bedbugger-non-expert-edition

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 4 2015 11:19:38
    #

Login to Send PM

FormerlyBuggy - 1 hour ago  » 

loubugs - 4 hours ago  » (Whew! I was afraid I was going to have to delve into the world of entomophagy to bribe you...and I wouldn't even begin to know where to start with that...)

There are actually many products currently available made from cricket flour ranging from energy bars, crackers, chips, granola, and to a lesser extent whole crickets. The whole ones I get myself and rear them. I even have black soldier flies (larvae) living in a screened in cage at home and I just dump melon rinds, banana peels, etc. in there. Now that it's summer, I leave it outside, out of direct sunlight. That's the 2nd generation now. I just gave the adults enough light and space and they mated then later laid eggs in some food medium and that was the cycle. Well, you opened the Pandora's box now.

6. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 4 2015 18:05:26
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 6 hours ago  » 

Well, you opened the Pandora's box now.

Indeed, it would seem I have! (Full disclosure: My gastronomical leanings are pretty much constrained by the bounds of vegetarianism.)

But...lest this thread go wildly off-topic ...suffice it to say I am willing to send a few of these scrumptious-looking cricket and larva lollipops to you, Winston and/or KillerQueen, as my personal "thank you" for posting on the Who's Who thread.

Canuck, if you're so inclined, I'll see what the possibility of shipping these babies across the border might be...(or maybe some organic dog treats for your pups?)

I suspect that some of you have been reticent to post on that thread because you find it difficult to write about yourself. I totally understand. I'm a writer, but I get terrible writer's block when tasked with drafting a blurb about myself.

So here's an idea:

Why not use (or tweak) the bios that were written for the bedbugger calendar in 2013? Those were fabulous! Plus, it takes the pressure off writing about yourselves.

Just a thought... and I'm looking forward to seeing your posts

Melanie

7. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 8 2015 23:09:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping this as I see there are no changes in the Who's Who sticky... I'm hoping folks just haven't seen this.

loubugs - 4 hours ago  » 

Lou, did you forget again? (I can get a little "nudgy" when I get on a roll...) Clearly my offer of cricket and larva lollipops was not appealing. I'm thinking high fructose corn syrup probably doesn't complement whatever they actually taste like

Here's another idea: Maybe NB could post the calendar bios for you all on the Who's Who sticky (assuming all are in agreement). I still think it would be a better idea to have each person post, even if it's just a reprint of their calendar bio. But then again, beggars can't be choosers.

Fair warning: I'm bringing out the "big-guns". I PM'd Abs...

Thanks!

Melanie

P.S. If any of you have personal reasons for not posting in that thread, I completely respect that. In that case, please just ignore me.

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 9 2015 3:45:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Lou, did you forget again? (I can get a little "nudgy" when I get on a roll...) Clearly my offer of cricket and larva lollipops was not appealing. I'm thinking high fructose corn syrup probably doesn't complement whatever they actually taste like
    I don't like the lollipops.

9. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 17 2015 5:50:02
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 week ago  » 

I see my attempt at entomophagic bribery is an epic fail! I'm not surprised. (Hence my earlier noted fear of trying to figure out what might make a suitable bribe.)

Lou, I will leave it at this: I will be happy to send you a tasty insect snack of your choosing (within reason, of course) if you will be kind enough to post about yourself on the Who's Who expert/pro thread. Posting you bedbugger calendar bio counts

Winston, KillerQueen, and Canuck: I haven't a clue what might get you all to make a post on that thread as well, (other than my not so subtle plea above). But I'm open to suggestions...

Hoping this does the trick
    Melanie

10. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Sep 19 2015 14:24:24
    #

Login to Send PM

FormerlyBuggy - 2 days ago  » 

loubugs - 1 week ago  » 

I see my attempt at entomophagic bribery is an epic fail! I'm not surprised. (Hence my earlier noted fear of trying to figure out what might make a suitable bribe.)
    Lou, I will leave it at this: I will be happy to send you a tasty insect snack of your choosing (within reason, of course) if you will be kind enough to post about yourself on the Who's Who expert/pro thread. Posting you bedbugger calendar bio counts
    But I'm open to suggestions...
    Hoping this does the trick
    Melanie

Well, I finally did it and not for bribery. I'll have to think of something.....

11. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Oct 10 2015 14:33:45
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 2 weeks ago  » 
    Well, I finally did it and not for bribery. I'll have to think of something.....

Fantastic! Thanks Lou.

Sorry, I've been traveling and working on tight deadlines on multiple projects. So I just haven't had time to spend on the forum. I am more than happy to make good on my offer - even though I know that's not why you did it

Just send me a pm...

Thanks again,
    Melanie

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,483 posts in 49,273 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk