Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

How can i go on living?

(3 posts)
  1. Desperate Panic

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Aug 20 2018 1:44:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted love like anyone. met a girl online and had the best year of my young adult life. my first love. we were long distance and I could only see her maybe once a year but we talked every day and i had the best time of my life getting to know her. then her cat got fleas, and I found out the hard way just how allergic I am to bug bites. so bad I would wake up and couldn't breathe. as a result, quick exterminators were called and constant chemicals were my life. I must have stayed in at least 12 dif hotels when they came to spray. what was my reward? bringing home bed bugs to make my life and situation impossibly harder. sure no more fleas. but now I get rows of red marks with no chance of identification. I have put my face to the floor and my own ability to breathe at risk just to find these things in any corner and nothing. we have had over 7 months of spraying and got rid of everything for a heat treatment. my gf now wishes she never knew me as I am consumed and assumed crazy by her, her parents and my own parents who show (of course) no symptoms. I can't go back to school, I've already gotten rid of my old car because I had so many bites in it. I have developed serious body dysmorphic symptoms and the fear of even being me or continuing to have no power over who I am and what I may look like waking up the next day makes me want to die. I don't know what I would prefer anymore, to be mentally insane or sick so i don't have to worry about passing this to others, or finding out finally what it is so i can be finally believed but inevitably lose the first person I ever took the time to love. life is cruel and I'm sick of costing everyone around me their sanity because of me. i am isolated in a small room, sleeping on a blow up mattress laying on diatomaceous and every crack of the room has been filled with anti bed bug powders. i vacuum and change and shower to many times to count and am losing my health beyond my liking. i get bites more often sitting at my computer trying to do the only thing i allow myself to do because of this then i do in my sleep. and i CANT FIND A DAMN THING. no sign....again...please god, anyone, send advice on either how i can survive this, find them or anything.

2. Scaredykate

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 21 2018 19:38:19
    #

Login to Send PM

When I first got them I LOST it, but I'm doing better now with the help of a therapist. You can find online mental health counseling at LiveHealth online if you would fear spreading them to a therapist, that's what I did!

You can go on living, you WILL beat this, you just need to stay positive and take care of yourself first.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 21 2018 22:37:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Desperate Panic,

I am sorry you are having such a hard time.

The site has a policy that we close threads where people talk about suicidal thoughts. This is explained in more detail in the Forum rules.

Please read this post: “If you are feeling suicidal or anxious.”:

Nobugsonme - 7 years ago  » 
    Sometimes people tell us they are feeling suicidal because of bed bugs. We are not equipped or trained to offer counseling here.
    If you are feeling suicidal or thinking of harming yourself, now or in the future, please tell a professional and get help immediately.
    Call your doctor (or therapist, if you have one).
    Or go to an emergency room.
    Please do not ignore it or try to deal with it on your own.

You can also call a hotline. In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK.
    Anyone (worldwide) can email or phone the Samaritans. They have branches in various countries and are highly regarded and can help you by giving you a space to talk. They can also help direct you to local resources.
    Suicide: Read this First may also help.
    In addition to depression and suicidal feelings, a number of people have suffered from anxiety due to bed bugs.
    In this case also, please seek a professional counselor's input. We have heard from a number of Bedbuggers that speaking to a professional can really help. If you are on a limited budget, your doctor should be able to help direct you to resources with no fee or a sliding scale.
    We understand the stress and hardship this problem can cause, but if you have bed bugs, you can get through it and you will enjoy life again.

I am going to close this thread, but you are most welcome to start another to discuss bed bugs, including how to confirm the problem.

Based on what you said, I do want to stress that if you have had bed bugs for seven months or more, there should be visual evidence. You can hire a pest management professional to inspect visually. If they cannot find any signs of bed bugs, then your home does not have bed bugs at this time.

That’s not to say your allergic reactions or other symptoms are not real, but that bed bugs may in your home may not be the cause.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82