Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

How big are bb fecal ink stains?

(3 posts)
  1. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 4:46:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for another post. I am so freaked out. I had a few Ink like stains o. My bedroom floor. I had left a pen uncapped accidentally on my bed and it totally stained my mattress pad. I also saw some ink mArks on the side of e bed and figured The pen must have dropped on the floor too.

I put on my makeup in front of my mirrored closet doors and remember one day dropping my blk eye shadow on the floor. I had been planning on steam cleaning my carpets and totally cleaning the out the entire apt. But I got three mosquito like bites and totally freaked out. I've spent the week up all night worrying and reading as much as I could about bbs I even started to do prep like doing the laundry in case I did have bbs.

So far my findings have been other bugs. But now the ink like stains on the carpet. Its hard to tell from pix the size of the bb fecal matter. Can someone pls tell me what the size of an ink like spot is. Thanks again for your help.

Still sleepless in NYC.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 7:43:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Ink stains can be ink stains and not bed bug related at all. I think I just answered a post of yours on another topic. You have to look at many images online and then compare to yours. At least you will become familiar with what they look like. Their appearance varies with the size of the bug that deposited it plus the substrate upon which it has been placed because surfaces can absorb it or be more impervious and the feces "ball up" on it. See some of my images:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix/
    You can download a large image and then zoom in to an interesting part.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 13:18:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi loubugs,

Thanks again for all of your help. To my untrained eye, the two creamy things in my pic that i had uploaded, http://s838.photobucket.com/albums/zz302/sleeplessinnyc/?action=view&current=larvae.jpg

looked like the hatchlings in your pic
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix/4242766442/

But now i can see that they would be more white translucent in color and yellow creamy like my pic.
    Thanks for sharing this album with me. It is most informative.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox