Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

How are those monitors working out?

(7 posts)
  1. pleasenotme

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 1 2009 11:45:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Any success stories?

2. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 1 2009 13:55:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Which monitors? Do you mean the CDC 3000 that shipped out? I got mine last week, but am waiting for the manufacturer to send me the scent cartridges so it will work. So basically I have an empty suitcase type thing that won't work yet...lol As soon as it is up and working I"ll let you know. I might not be a very accurate one to go by as I am pretty sure I don't have any bed bugs in the house, so I will be shocked if mine catches something, but still I'm anxious to use it in each bedroom to check them out. When I get a chance to finally use it, I will let you know.

3. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 3 2009 10:47:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, here is an update! The cartridges and scent packages arrived from manufacturer yesterday. I set it up and ran it in an empty guest room that for sure someone was bitten in months ago, and it ran on the bed for 3 hours, then ran for 6 hours under the bed...this morning there was NOTHING in the trap! Yea!!!
    I love this machine! Yea, it would be easier to have a bed bug dog to come through, but since I can't, I will move this from room to room. I'll have children sleep in guest room and use it tonight in their room. I am hopeful I am free, but feel great it caught nothing last night! wahoo!

4. thao83

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 3 2009 11:36:19
    #

Login to Send PM

where do you get that monitor from?

5. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 3 2009 12:12:23
    #

Login to Send PM

thao, I got mine from the Bed bug shop in Canada. I did a preorder back in Oct/Nov. I don't think they are instock right now, but should be again soon.
    You can search monitors on this forum and find out more about them. The Nightwatch is coming out soon as well as the CDC 3000 which was released just a week ago.
    You can find more info here:
    http://thebedbugresource.com/?p=299
    If you have access to a bed bug dog, it would probably be a cheaper way to go.

6. fedupwithbb

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 16:13:51
    #

Login to Send PM

For those who have already used the machine... Is anyone else out there confused by the white button that indicates proper flow of CO2? I screwed in the canister until it stopped leaking and I think I did it correctly, but the white button never changed. Does that mean CO2 is flowing properly? Why does the button push up and down? I read my directions twice but I didn't seem to find info. on that. Am I missing something obvious? Please help!

7. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 19:11:47
    #

Login to Send PM

fedupwithbb, the button is confusing, isn't it? It does pop up when the canister is engaged and has co2. When you are out of co2, the button (the one you are able to push up down right now) will go flat and you will not be able to push it. Also, be sure and remove the white cover off the scent cartridge, when I first put it on I did not realize that you peel off the white cover to reveal the sticky surface (hey, it was not in the directions). Also, so you know, when you remove the co2 cartridge, it will exhaust all the rest of the co2 so you might just move it from room to room until your 10 hours is up or however you are doing it.
    Hope that helps!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982