(4 posts)
  1. manytravels

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2016 8:08:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Folks,

Just checked into my hotel in Amsterdam, and while the bed seems okay, I found this live bug in the bathroom. It is incredibly small, so the photo is not ideal (from my phone), but I know that bed bugs can be quite small. Any way that someone can ID this bug?

http://imgur.com/a/9D6W0

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2016 9:58:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2016 17:06:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Too bad your pictures are not focused, especially one. Usually when you find something so small but sort of resembles a bed bug, it usually turns out to be a book louse and one of your pictures looks like a book louse.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. manytravels

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2016 16:40:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, guys.

Lou -- the photos are of the same bug, but I only had my phone camera since I am traveling. That said, how confident are you that this isn't a bed bug? I only ask because I have heard that Amsterdam (like NYC) has a lot of bed bugs in hotels, and this hotel has a small housekeeping staff that might struggle to treat an infestation properly. Is the bugs location in the bathroom an indicator at all?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago