Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Hotel Bedbugs-How do I keep them from coming home?

(3 posts)
  1. iamnotabug

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 8 2018 21:49:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I had bedbugs for two nights before I was moved to a new room. I’m going home tomorrow and have plans for someone to bring me new clothes. My question)s) is/are, what all do I need to wash? Just my clothes and other linen type stuff? What about things like my books, phone, laptop, iPad?

Also, I have a cat with me throughout thod. Do I need to take him to the vet to be washed? Quarintenned?

2. iamnotabug

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 8 2018 22:28:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Forgot to add also don’t know what to do about my medications. I don’t know how to edit an entry, sorry.

3. zelchbug

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 0:35:17
    #

Login to Send PM

iamnotabug - 1 hour ago  » 
    Forgot to add also don’t know what to do about my medications. I don’t know how to edit an entry, sorry.

I've come across bed bugs in motels a few times., common occurrence these days, I didn't take any chances. I went to Target and purchased two large zip-lock bags, put my suitcase in one and washed and dried my clothes at the motel itself, took my clothes right out of the drier and into the large bag. You can carefully inspect your electronics, pretty unlikely for bed bugs to hide there but it's definitely worth looking. I purchased a couple cans of compressed air and used that on my laptop. You can also place your books in a plastic (sealed) bag or carefully look through them.

Chances are if they'd be hiding anywhere it'd be in your clothes or suitcase,. If you don't want to pay for the large zip locks a big hefty bag works too if sealed properly. Assuming your meds are in an RX bottle, not much room for them to hide. Not 100 percent sure about the kitty, I would think bed bugs would be more likely to try and hitch a ride on you before your cat.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,452 posts in 46,581 topics over 142 months by 20,545 of 21,411 members. Latest: PrismArc, unclejohn, WheelBugger