Hot Shot Strips away for 4 weeks

(1 post)
  1. lavender

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Dec 8 2016 19:31:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I’m just finished my second set of chemical treatments in the past four months (I was away for much of two months) with a ‘contracted’ service exterminator for the multiple unit high rise apartment building I live in where the apartment two floors down had a infestation. The mgmt. company will not allow ‘sealing’ (caulking of baseboards).
    The exterminator always tells me I can return in 3 hours – so he’s spending 1 hour in my one bedroom apartment. I had my clothing/linens/accessories laundered/heat treated by a bed bug laundry service – and everything is still in sealed bags. I had my furniture, area rugs, books, files, etc, heat treated by a bed bug prep service with the very first treatment, and all of that is still in sealed bags. My bed, sofa, chairs are on climb-ups. Since then, because I’ve still gotten bitten – I’ve disposed of my upholstered bed, and my sofa. The semi-upholstered armchair I work from at my (glass topped, pedestal) dining table is likely to go next. I’m still getting bites, but only on covered areas – my back, shoulders, stomach. I haven't seen any evidence like fecal stains or casings or bugs to help me figure out where they are hiding. My passive monitors are all pristine.
    I’ll be away for almost 4 weeks over the holidays. I’ve read about using the Nuvan/Hotshot large strips in unoccupied dwellings (like attics/sheds). If I seal the air vents, and weather strip the bottom of my door - hang one in the bedroom and one in the main (open/combined) living/dining area – would that be long enough to eradicate them?
    I do realize that I’ll have to open all windows (I have good cross-ventilation) upon my return and stay out of the apartment for 4 hours while it airs out. I’m at my wit’s end. Has anyone used this method successfully?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox