Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

He's here!!!

(18 posts)
  1. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 8:58:57
    #

Login to Send PM

The Terminex guy is here.... Woooopeeee! Now I'm not getting overly optimistic... But I do feel pretty happy right now. Hopefully It's a happiness that lasts. I'll let everyone kno how it goes !

2. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 17:08:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, so the deed is done, the check is signed and I'm exhausted. I spent a little over a year preparing for a professional to come in and wipe these demons out . Now that he had been here, I feel like every ounce of energy I had is gone. He put new encasements on the beds, after he removed the old encasements and steamed the beds. Then he put the residual down in all the places it needed to go . It really didn't take too long, and we were present during the steaming , but he asked us to leave and take the pets for a few hours while he puffed the dusty stuff. Please let this work. He inspected before he started the job and said for having bedbugs for over a year, there wasn't much evidence. Hmmmm... Maybe if they're barely here, the one and done will work. Guess we'll hafta wait and see.

3. lrb

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 22:42:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I really hope for you that it is done! I think we all need to hear some good news every now and then about our problem from hell. Best wishes!

4. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Nov 4 2011 15:03:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats,

I hope it turns out well!

5. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Nov 4 2011 15:23:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope all works out well for you, too.

What I can't help but notice is how similar your post is to what I was going through nearly a year ago. November 13 to be exact was the Terminix came out to inspect after placing my distress call at midnight the night before.

Worst mistake I made.

6. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Nov 4 2011 22:34:31
    #

Login to Send PM

help_me - 7 hours ago  » 
    Worst mistake I made.

calling Terminex was the worst mistake? They didn't take care of the problem, did they? That's what I'm so afraid of. Do u still have BBs or are they gone now? Thank u to everyone for the best wishes and words of support. It's been 3 days since treatment and I'm not sure if It's helped yet or not. The pco said to wait 10 days for the residual to kick in. I am really anxious to see if it has worked. Good luck to all.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2011 0:05:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Ihatebedbugs2,

I gather from others here that Terminex varies a great deal from one local office to the next. So don't panic if someone else in another town did not have a good experience.

A year is a long time to prep for treatment. It is strange that you would not have much evidence in a year.

What signs did they find? And are they coming back to follow up?

Good luck!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2011 13:52:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I'm sorry my response was a little vague. I was in a hurry and wanted to post a response but didn't have time to write more.

Honestly, it already sounds like your Terminix people are doing WAY more than mine did. I could go into the whole story but it's mind blowing. I bascially ended up defaulting on the financing I had gotten from them because they screwed me. A3 came in and rescued me just when I was really at the end of my rope in every way and did a thermal treatment.

I had one of those age old problems where you KNOW you still have something there but you can't find it.... so Terminix was trying to say they had gotten rid of the problem. However, from day one, everything they did was gone about totally wrong. The inspector was super late. He gave me this big sales pitch about how effective their company is, blah blah blah. He's such a great guy, gives me his card with his cell phone number because he "likes to make himself available" knowing how stressed out people can get so that if I had any questions or just needed to talk, I could. Everytime I needed to talk or had a question I got his voice mail and he never returned my calls. I think he returned one?

They were late for every treatment. One time they came EARLY and had already left by the time I got there because no one was there so fortunately he was able to come back cause it hadn't been that long.

My first treatment... the initial treatment... an hour, maybe less. Everything was beyond words totally unprofessional and half assed. They never actually did really come and redo that first treatment. I came in after the first one, climb ups still sitting there in the box. Pillows from the sofa all over. I really don't think he did anything. Plus the inspector gave me wrong instructions about how to prep. He said I can leave stuff in the drawers so I did. Next time came along and said no. More prep. He sprayed the pesticide up either side of my bedroom doorway and didn't do the top.

They sent another guy over at one time who used the cryonite (after I asked him to) on the chairs and he did the pillows in an "X". I'm like... you're not applying adhesive to a tile! Then he didn't even know that it was called cryonite and it said right on the caddy.

At one point I wrapped up my sofa and took it out and trusted everything would go as normal without me having to be there. I get a call during class, first they hadn't even been there yet. Then when they did come (always at the end of the day) they brought my infested sofa back into the house that I purposely took out, my antique lamp got broken in the process, they unwrapped the sofa and left the freaking plastic in a pile on the floor. I felt like killing someone. Why didn't they just rip open the upholstery and scatter it around my house while they were at it??

Basically... no matter what happened, no one knew what they were doing. They kept feeding me lies and false hope. I felt bad for some of the guys they were sending out because they were just doing their job, especially the last guy who was coming out after they sent my account to another branch, before I got thermal. He was actually very helpful and that was the point where I was finally knowing enough to stick around and help him. I would suggest flipping the nightstand over gently to inspect that... etc. I always felt bad, especially, cause we'd take the bed apart (and it's huge) and my floor was filthy because I was afraid to clean. Not only because I was afraid of finding bugs I was afraid of disrupting any pesticide that might be there so he would be on the floor in the open bed frame with his flashlight and it was all dusty and stuff.

But again, you got steam, so you're already way ahead of the game. In the very beginning, though I will never know exactly how widespread or severe my problem really was at the time, I assumed it was very light and early, so I believed I would not be one of the "long haul" people and mine would be remedied immediately, possibly in one treatment. I did not get a steamer OR Packtite until later. So so so sorry I hadn't done it first. If i could go back, I would have gotten those and had thermal right off the bat. I had much more money at the time and spent much more just buying bins and stuff to prep for the chemical treatments. Every situation is different though and my house was the worst and still is for this kind of problem so...

I really wish you luck and hope that they do get it right away and you can move on. It sucks, it really does. I am pushing one year and still partially consumed by this problem. A year ago when it started I kept thinking ok, maybe this time next month it will be over. Maybe after the next treatment, or by summer I am sure it should be over and I can go back to normal. It's definitely a hardening experience. So much stress and anger and fear and frustration at unhealthy levels for such an extended period has made me a bit more coarse than I was when this started. My outlook on a lot of things has totally changed and I've even maybe become a little more numb or "used to" the subject.

9. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2011 14:38:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Help me, what kind of steamer did you get? Thanks (Not to digress too far off topic).

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  10. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2011 21:44:36
    #

Login to Send PM

@ help_me .. I'm sorry for what u had to go thru, that's awful. It's such a shame when u need , and pay, someone to help u and they don't give a crap! It pisses me off when big company's screw the little guy. One thing I can say about myself is I don't like to be treated like I'm dumb and I don't shut up till I get my way sooooo .... Those Terminex people better watch out if they think they're taking me for a ride!!! I'm glad u got ur problem resolved. Bedbugs is such an un needed experience, no
    one should have to go thru it.
    @ Nobugsonme... I thought it was strange too , when he said there was barely any trace. I thought he was nuts. But over the course of a year I slowly un cluttered, tossed things, bagged things, washed things, tossed some more things, all the while light weight self treating,and he said whatever I'd been doing must have worked some. I didn't constantly self treat tho. I'd try something, wait to see if it worked ( of course it didn't), then try something else. The one thing that bothers me is , he was supposed to dust a residual under all the baseboards, but I can't tell . And since I had to leave while he did that, I have no proof that he actually did what he said. I do have a 90 day warrantee, and this Tuesday will b a week since my treatment so I'll be calling them on Wednesday to come treat again.

11. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2011 23:57:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a Unilux 3000? I could have gone cheaper and gotten a $400 vapour steamer but decided to go the route of that one even though it ended up costing about $600 Paypal credit because it is certified for use in commercial applications for sanitizing and such. Figured if I'm doing it, I'm going all the way and buying the best I can afford.

I ran into two problems with the whole warranty thing. 1: they told me I can't do anything until the warranty is up. Then they tried to tell me all kinds of things about why I can't cancel the contract. the financing covered the first treatment I received and any of the follow ups were "a gift", that was them just trying to help me out so they could cancel the contract but anything that happened after doesn't effect the financing. A3 determined from looking at all my transaction slips (which I still have in order by date) that they had applied Phantom off-label. Not once or twice but about three times if not more. So watch out about them coming to treat more than once within a time frame. I pressured them to keep coming out because I wanted to get my money's worth before the warranty ended and whatever was here probably became resistant in that 3 or so months.

Lastly, in their eyes, because their guys never did find anything when they were here they determined they had solved the problem therefore I am not owed a refund. I only paid them about $300, two payments on the financing and stopped paying. The branch was not involved iwth canceling the financing since it was done through another company. Then they told me I have to work it out with the branch who came out to treat or have them contact them, so on and so forth. Eventually the financing place got back to me claiming the branch manager would not release me from the... whatever.

If you notice on your contract, it says very small, you sign away any right to pursue any legal action against Terminix or head corporation that owns them, plus Orkin, Merry Maids, etc. You have to settle any disputes through Arbitration and they cannot be held liable for any damages or anything. It really is unjust and they've ripped many people off. I found this out in researching legal action against them.

I didn't want my $300, I wanted to be released from obligation to pay on the rest of the loan. That's all. $1250. They won't tell you the reason they are the most "successful" is that they have mastered the art of getting ppls money. The company's CEO has absolutely no back ground in pest control, he has a business back ground. Also, they are notorious for hiring and training new employees and getting rid of them before they are able to get certified and get benefits and such so they are entirely overworked and underpaid.

Suffice to say, my personal experience with Terminix was not pleasant and please do not think I can speak for all. Again, your company used steam at least. From everything I've read here about DE, a proper application will not be visible. Unlike me having chunks of white powder all over that blew out of my electrical outlets the night it was reapplied one time because my walls are so drafty.

Grrr.

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 0:41:02
    #

Login to Send PM

@ Nobugsonme... I thought it was strange too , when he said there was barely any trace.

ihatebugs1,

(Not sure how I read that as ihatebugs2 last time!)

It sounds like they found some trace. Did they tell you what they did find?

13. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 8:33:11
    #

Login to Send PM

<(Not sure how I read that as ihatebugs2 last time!)

I think he said he seen some poo and of course the blood stains I showed him on the crappy, but expensive, encasements I had put on the beds. He said he didnt see any trace at all on my girls beds, not the mattress or box spring. He couldnt be sure about my sons mattress , but its a futon matress and its black.

14. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 19:08:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Ihatebedbugs1 - 10 hours ago  » 

<(Not sure how I read that as ihatebugs2 last time!)

I think he said he seen some poo and of course the blood stains I showed him on the crappy, but expensive, encasements I had put on the beds. He said he didnt see any trace at all on my girls beds, not the mattress or box spring. He couldnt be sure about my sons mattress , but its a futon matress and its black.

Even if you did lightweight DIY as you note, that seems odd, after a year. Blood stains aren't themselves proof, from what I gather, but it sounds like he found some fecal.

Anyway, if there is little evidence, hopefully it will be over soon.

15. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 21 2011 10:49:25
    #

Login to Send PM

It's been 3 weeks since our treatment. The pco came on November 1st and treated, then came back on November 14th and inspected. Said he seen nothing. Do I believe him? Not a chance ... But I have not noticed any new bites on myself or the girls so now is just a waiting game . I will keep up my searches. Maybe they are gone.....

16. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 21 2011 23:27:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Fingers crossed for you. Thanks for the update!

17. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 7 2011 23:29:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Had another treatment on Monday. Did the whole thing this time.. not just the inspection. I'm a little antsy because I kno 1 treatment a month is not enuff and I'm ready to b over this shit. We have sooooo many bags of clothes I had to build shelves in the basement to hold them all! Oh yeah.... And that comment I made a while back about wishing I had roaches instead.... Be cAreful what u wish for, lol, I seen one in my bathroom a couple weeks ago. YUCK!! So I signed another contract with Terminex. Bad news is more money... Good news is, they extended my bedbug warranty from 3 months to 12 , so that's a little exciting. I'm sooo hoping there is a light at the end of my very long, expensive, I'm completly over it tunnel. I'm hoping someone somewhere is winning this long battle.
    Good luck to all and have a Merry Christmas !

18. Traumabugged

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 8 2011 1:12:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually I've once had a similar wish, except the insect I'd hoped for are (harmless) spiders...
    That said, it is good to know they extend the guarantee. Hope you get rid of it by this Chistmas!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,394 posts in 50,185 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,432 members. Latest: Ladybug1993, PROJECTD168, Kimmmie46