Hep with bed bug identification

(4 posts)
  1. cafeidon

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Nov 13 2018 23:10:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all, thanks in advance for the help. I had problems last month with bed bugs in my old apartment and had to move out. A friend was nice enough that, despite knowing my situation, offered her place (occupies only sometimes) for me to stay temporarily. I have been there for a week.

Before moving to her place, I exercised the best caution that I knew - I took my clothes to a laundry mat and dried them for two hours. I sprayed my shoes and backpack with alcohol three times. I put everything in ziplock bags. Most of my clothes are still in the old property and I only have three pairs of jeans and a few shirts with me

Yesterday while showering I noticed three bites on my back, in a line.

They did not hurt and only itched a little. This morning they have shrunk significantly and do not feel anything now

I checked under the mattress and found this:

I did see something that looked a bit like a bb shell, but it got dropped somewhere that I couldn’t find afterwards. I also checked the sheets for any ink-like dogs and other debris:

Could anyone share their thoughts on whether I might have brought the bugs over somehow? This is seriously driving me crazy and I don’t know who to turn to.

Thanks

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Nov 14 2018 8:47:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see anything that would make me suspect bed bugs.

3. cafeidon

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Nov 14 2018 11:12:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your feedback. Do you think the bite marks, stains on bedsheet, and stuff under the mattress are not bed bugs?

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Nov 14 2018 11:19:29
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 hours ago  » 
    I don't see anything that would make me suspect bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,657 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982