(4 posts)
  1. passivemonitorsforever

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 28 2017 21:17:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all -

Was hoping to get some help with identifying a fecal smear. I saw a black sphere on a non porous shelf and without thinking smudged it with my finger. It exploded into the light brown/dark yellow smear you see in the image, with no remnants of a black shell left behind. It is possible it was freshly laid fecal. (I do not know for sure if I have bed bugs - I just returned today from a trip where I was exposed.)

I ordered a Bed Bug Blue kit and some monitors from David Cain's website but unfortunately I'm in Europe and it'll take some time to reach me. In the meantime I have my family arriving to stay at my place in 2 days

An ID with really be appreciated - I'm trying to keep the paranoia under control, but with my family visiting from overseas in just a couple days, I don't want to take any risks.

stain by P F, on Flickr

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 29 2017 0:48:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hold on-- there are only a few experts who ID stains. You should hopefully hear from one soon.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 29 2017 7:16:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bed bug related.

Its a "scuff mark" based on the depositon of the material.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. passivemonitorsforever

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 29 2017 12:38:25
    #

Login to Send PM

What a relief!

A very sincere thank you to Nobugsonme and David for your help, and for all your contributions to this forum! You guys are rockstars!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982