(4 posts)
  1. argylezombie

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 2 2012 19:31:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all-

About a month ago, I discovered some "sets" of bites on my arms over the course of a few days. My thoughts went to bed bugs, so I alerted my apartment building's management. They sent someone from maintenance to check my bed over (I'm not sure if they checked the rest of the bed room, I wasn't home when they were there) and they did not see any signs of bed bugs. As the weeks went by and I didn't get any new bites, I just stopped thinking about it. Until last night.

I discovered this under a small dresser in my room.
    http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/argylezombie/DSCF0673.jpg
    http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/argylezombie/DSCF0628.jpg

These were the best images of it I could get, unfortunately. It looks like a bed bug to me, but I'm not an expert. I found it dead on the floor underneath the dresser. What's strange about it is that it looks as if it's innards (for a lack of a better word) are gone. It seems as if the lower portion of it's bottom side is gone (hopefully that's clear). I thought it might be a skin cast, but it looks far more complete than any skin casts I've seen in pictures. Is it possible it's just been there awhile? What are the odds that it's just the one I'll find?

I also found this on my bed sheets a few days ago:
    http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/argylezombie/DSCF0684.jpg
    Could they be fecal stains? I just noticed them a few days ago, but I have no idea if they're new or not. I feel like during the original bed bud panic I checked my sheets pretty thoroughly, but maybe I missed something. (Do the fecal stains wash out? My sheets have been washed a few times since the original panic.)

Outside of the possible bug and the possible fecal stains, I haven't seen any signs of bed bugs. If anyone has any thoughts on what could be going on, I'd appreciate it.

2. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 2 2012 19:42:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks it to me from the clearer picture of the bug. I'm not an expert, so I'd wait for them to chime in. Either way, hang on to it.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 2 2012 22:32:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely a bed bug and definitely fecal stains. Tell the building they need a professional pest control person for an inspection, not a maintenance man. I don't claim to be an elevator repair man and they shouldn't be doing pest control either. You deserve better then that so demand an expert!

That being said, ask if any other units in the building have issues. There could very well be a migration problem from another apartment.

Good Luck!

4. argylezombie

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 3 2012 1:33:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll be having another chat with the management. And UGH, the thought that I've been sleeping in a bed with bed bug fecal matter on it...so gross.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,373 posts in 50,181 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993