Help with bug casing identification: ID needed

(4 posts)
  1. ab1927

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 18:59:12
    #

Login to Send PM

This is the second of two "casings" I've found on my bed. They're tiny (the photo was taken with an iPhone, I lack a camera), very hard, and not transparent. There no obvious legs/head. It appears to have dark brown, straight, horizontal stripes with yellow/tan in between. I haven't had any bites, but as usual, am paranoid.

Any help would be greatly valued, as I'm worried sick about bed bugs. Thank you so much!

2. ab1927

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 19:02:54
    #

Login to Send PM

ab1927 - 3 minutes ago  » 

This is the second of two "casings" I've found on my bed. They're tiny (the photo was taken with an iPhone, I lack a camera), very hard, and not transparent. There no obvious legs/head. It appears to have dark brown, straight, horizontal stripes with yellow/tan in between. I haven't had any bites, but as usual, am paranoid.
    Any help would be greatly valued, as I'm worried sick about bed bugs. Thank you so much!

casing by Ana Bacic, on Flickr

3. ab1927

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 19:03:34
    #

Login to Send PM

[img]casing by Ana Bacic, on Flickr[/img]

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 8:58:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug abdomen.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,575 posts in 48,150 topics over 149 months by 21,216 of 21,570 members. Latest: Lh0512, patmc3853, stennisplayer07