Help with bed bug ID please!! [a: pseudoscorpion]

(7 posts)
  1. SW2015

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 2 2015 23:22:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope this photo is clear enough... is this a bed bug? The front legs looked a bit big to me but I've been spending time at a person's home who has bed bugs and am quite concerned (Taking lots of precautions but still...)

FullSizeRender.jpg by socialworkerto2015, on Flickr

2. SW2015

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 7:25:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I should say it was about 2 mm and I found it on a piece of clothing..

3. crazedbbdude

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 7:54:45
    #

Login to Send PM

SW2015 - 8 hours ago  » 
    I hope this photo is clear enough... is this a bed bug? The front legs looked a bit big to me but I've been spending time at a person's home who has bed bugs and am quite concerned (Taking lots of precautions but still...)
    FullSizeRender.jpg by socialworkerto2015, on Flickr

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 8:30:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbugs.

From the front legs alone I am going to suggest it's likley to be a pseudoscorpion, have a google and compare.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 8:31:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug.

6. SW2015

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 9:37:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Unbelievably relieving! Thanks for your quick help. Really appreciate it.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 13:05:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually the front appendages are pedipalps and not legs, but David's correct on the ID. It's a pseudoscorpion and it looks like Chelifer cancroides. Not sure if these are predaceous on bed bugs or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,187 posts in 50,134 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92