HELP!!!!! WHAT DO I DO??????

(14 posts)
  1. victimized

new username: help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Feb 22 2011 18:46:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I was really not able to dismiss the marks on my face as being pimples only, I just couldn't. There is now a straight line along my chin plus many other strategically placed bumps.

Just got home and was searching the bedroom as I normally do. In the wake of all this, I have had this large imitation oil painting hanging on my bedroom wall that I never took down. Mainly for the simple fact that I had absolutely no clue what to do with it!

I am ready to pass out, I am shaking. Just decided to give it another visual inspection, examined the same spots on it which appear to be fecal stains to see if any more appear. I was looking along the underside without touching it to see if there was anything noticable on the edges of paper backing that are peeled back and didn't see too much.

I gently pulled it away from the wall and with the corner of my eye I saw motion, something tiny and beige move like lighting along the edge of the frame and back into it. OMG.

What should I do?????? I don't want to touch it and now that I have I feel like there are things crawling all over me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please help me.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Feb 22 2011 20:16:39
    #

Login to Send PM

victimized,

It is a good idea if you think you see a bed bug to get a sample, so you can show the PCO. I understand that this experience stressed you out, and that maybe wasn't possible at the moment.

Do you have a bag large enough to contain this painting? If so, you could place it inside and seal it.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. victimized

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Feb 22 2011 20:31:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs,
    At the time I was holding the painting out from against the wall with one hand to see if I could see any staining behind it and holding the flashlight with the other. It happened very very quickly, in a split second. As my eyes were scanning the area I just happened to glance over and see the tiny thing scurrying eradically along the opening and into it. There would have been no way for me to get it.

My mother was just over and kept offering to help me put it into something but I am all out of the large contractor bags and pretty frightened about touching it again. I came immediately downstairs after to call the K9 inspector for advice. I threw some clothes on and sat here to write this post. As I sat here I swear I felt a tickle on my leg in the pant leg but always feel that and figured it was heebie jeebies. After I submitted the post I lifted my pant leg, just to check, and saw two tiny fresh bite marks on my knee. These may have been from riding in the car on the way home from school but I took the stuff off that I just literally washed and put on and threw them into the dryer. I went and took a scalding hot shower and washed my hair. However, I feel itchy all over now and do see what could be fresh marks. The two tiny marks I had seen on my leg disappeared in the shower and have become a small bump. These are everywhere. I fear the bugs are too. Might end up having to take a leave of absence from school for a while because this is too much. Am supposed to be well on my way to getting done a large course project that I have to present tomorrow and have not really started.

Wishing a pro would weigh-in on how to approach this picture frame. Steam it? Wait for PCO? I put double sided tape (two rows) all the way around it so that I can sleep tonight and hope if anything tries to get us it will get stuck. They could be anywhere. Thinking now there is fecal staining inside the one bathroom light fixture but not sure. I really need a professional who knows what they are looking for, what to look for, how to look for it, and how to treat it.

4. victimized

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 0:20:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe it is that there are so many "HELP"and"not sure what to do" posts out there that people now disregard them but I am really really upset that only one person took the time to respond to this. It is what I call a turning point event, a serious one, and genuinely need legitimate advice on how to handle it.

Was hyperventilating, shaking, and crying when I first posted this a few hours go, luckily my medicine kicked in. But, the problem is still there. I feel like there are bugs crawling all over me. Put the bedding into the dryer and used the steamer upstairs. Steamed the top (and some sides) of the mattress, and the crowd moulding everywhere nearly but above the painting. Was so angry I was standing there with the nozzle in my hand ready to start steaming the hell out of the frame but resisted the urge to.

How can they bite so fast,and through clothing? I wear knee-high socks. They are pretty thick but the weave is pretty skimpy at the toe from frequent use so maybe they are forcing-burrowing into my socks.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 0:48:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi victimized,

There are not a whole lot of people answering questions here at any one given time. Everyone who does is giving freely of their own time, and this is often limited for many. In addition, someone reading this may simply not know what to say. If you have bed bugs, you need continuing treatment. Finding one is upsetting, but it's going to happen until they're all 100% gone.

As for the feelings on your skin, we don't know a lot about bed bug bites for sure, because not a lot of research has done.

Based on what Bedbuggers say, though, many of us think that the allergic reaction bed bug bites cause can make you feel like bugs are crawling on your skin, even when they're not. They're not invisible, so when you look at yourself, you can confirm this.

Seeing a bed bug (or possible bed bug), or even reading about or hearing people talk about bed bugs in some cases, can make us feel itchy.

It sounds like you also may have gotten a pair of bites around this time (which can come from one bed bug), and this too may have set off your itchy feelings. But it's important to put in perspective that they are not actually crawling all over you and biting you all the time.

Try to stay calm. You need to verify if that is a bed bug if you are not sure. And you need treatment of your home. The PCO needs to know where you saw one. Hopefully he can inspect and find a sample.

K9s can be helpful, as long as your handler visually verifies all alerts. Without that, you can't be sure of the veracity of the alerts.

I hope that you're able to relax and get some sleep. I know this is stressful, but hopefully you'll be able to do more from a practical standpoint in the morning.

6. weedbugpest

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 1:03:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme has offered some excellent advice and as a PCO myself, I really couldn't offer much more..... besides remain calm and don't do anything irrational. Sometimes in a frantic state of mind bed bug sufferers panic and drag everything and anything through the house to the curb sometimes making the problem worse. Leave the "suspect" painting on the wall until your PCO or K9 Company can inspect it. Make sure your K9 services visual confirm all alerts and report back.

7. victimized

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Feb 23 2011 23:22:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I am thankfully able to keep control over my head, even amidst emotional breakdowns it seems. I did nothing to the painting on the wall, as tempted as I may have been to. Was even tempted to start steaming it but held back the urge because I did not want to rouse any trouble.

The two rows of double-sided tape around the frame, on the wall, so far have yielded nothing. They must be not only biologically resistance to chemicals, but behaviourally resistant to walking across traps. Sigh.

At the store tonight I was going to get a box of those large heavy duty contractor bags, tape a nuvan pest strip to the inside side of the bag, and have someone very carefully help me bag the frame and seal it up right away. Double bagged. After a month or three I'd open it up outside once the weather is warm and inspect it far far from the house and see if there really was anything in it.

My sig. other has marks all over him. I found a pretty disturbingly large welt on the right side of his back near his armpit, accompanied by more pimple like bites. This is unreal, it has to end. I wish I knew the future, the truth, if it ever will be all over. I keep remembering that even when it's over here, if that happens, life will still never be the same again. No more spontaneous overnights, no more rocking and rolling around town and coming in and out of the house with no worries.

The K9 might be coming back out this weekend to reinspect. Have been hesitant to use my follow-up visit because it's like my free homework pass. Later on if I want it or need it worse I'll have to start over again.

Tonight in class our groups picked the rooms where we will now be meeting each week until the semester ends. The education dept. has little sub-rooms that are equipped like mini classrooms for practicing lesson instruction. Many kids in the class projected a gross disinterest in working in room 4 as they were told it has bed bugs. I was like, great. We ended up in room 3 and I was doing some mild inspection and noticed some dusting on the carpet below a phone jack outlet on the wall adjoining room 4. Great.

8. healthimpacted

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 24 2011 1:03:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm new to the forum and am still learning about bed bugs, so I don't know what to say on most of the posts. Just know that you are not alone, and there are success stories posted on the forum. I read them for inspiration. I hope to be one of them in 53 days (wed-day 2). There was a time I didn't have hope. It will end, and precautions will become routine.

Good luck.

9. victimized

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 24 2011 3:04:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, at this point I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel, probably because there is absolutely no certainty about anything! To the point when I don't even get excited thinking about the possible alternatives to bed bugs anymore because it's not worth it to be positive or build false hope. Hard to measure progress/failure without any data. Ever hear Oscar Wilde's dying words?
    "It's the wallpaper or me, one of us will have to go."
    I am at that point. It's either them or me, one of us will have to go. At this rate, of stress and anxiety and gross neglect of the other aspects of my life, it will be a miracle to make it until next year. I am sick all the time, chills, sore throat, falling asleep where ever I go. I fall asleep in class, in the bathroom, doing homework, etc. The world is moving forward and I am stuck temporarily and indefinitely where I was in Nov. I have my first big paid reenacting gig this April and not only do I doubt I will be mentally and emotionally prepared for it, I no longer have the means, time, or work environment to be preparing for it but one day when all this shit is behind me, if I cancel on this, I'll look back and hate myself for ruining my chances for ever over a situation that ended.
    It's something else when, in a matter of three months, nearly your entire personality and life changes over a bug. Here's the part that is so ironic... my great passion has been life in the Victorian age. I once said I wanted to live entirely as one someday just to say i did it. What more of a Victorian life problem than to be dealing with bed bugs. Only I wonder often how they kept them at bay. Their homes were horribly perfect environments, without driers, without steamers, without thermal, without modern pesticides.
    Would like to take a knife to the 1830s rope bed in the local house museum I volunteered at just to see if there is antique evidence remaining. I now often wonder if that is the reason why the family only stayed in that home a few years. It has been owned by a captain. Ships... travel... steam trunks...
    Maybe the house was infested when they moved in and despite remodeling efforts it was unbearable? They installed beautiful woodwork everywhere when they moved in.
    Would love to find an antique journal where someone notes any thoughts on bugs. In regards to the rope bed... my very first education about bed bugs... the ropes had to be tightened with a key every so often to keep it from sagging (no box springs yet) hence the term: "sleep "tight" don't let the..." etc, etc.
    Tobacco was a popular form of pest control. Wallpaper had high contents of arsenic! Paint had lead! No wonder.

10. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 24 2011 9:02:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Victimized:

This comment is going to be off topic, but I will offer it anyway. I do not have confirmed BB's. I did have a scare in August and since then due to my lifestyle of travel and frequent out of town visitors, I have been viligent in inspecting and monitoring.

As a result, I have been to a dermatologist because every spot on my skin sends me over the edge. I have been told by the derm that I have follicular eczema which causes my skin follicules to become inflammed from time to time. He also told me that "scalding hot" showers will cause any skin condition to worsen and that I should take short, tepid showers using dye and perfume free antibacterial soap (I use Cetaphil antibacterial) and moisutrizing with dye and perfume free lotion at least twice daily. I have been following this regime for a few months and while it is not completely clearing the problem, I have noticed a reduction in the number of follicle inflammations. Perhaps following that advice may help with your skin reactions and at least make you a little more comfortable until your BB situation is under control.

I don't know how to advise you on the suspect painting, but if it were me, I would bag it up and put it outside until you or your PCO can have a good look at it. I wish you well and hope you can get your situation cleared up as soon as possible.

11. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 24 2011 9:32:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I am really really upset that only one person took the time to respond to this. It is what I call a turning point event, a serious one, and genuinely need legitimate advice on how to handle it.

Lots of us have problems. I post here asking for advice. Sometimes I get it; sometimes I don't.
    You post quite often, and quite often your pleas are answered.
    Any expert is here because they genuinely want to help. They are not being paid and nobody has all the answers. So please be understanding if they are not at your beckon call.

I have been reluctant to post this before, but have you considered seeing a professional for your anxiety? I have an anxiety disorder and it sounds like you could really use some professional help dealing with your feelings and with what's going on in your life.

Good luck.

12. victimized

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 24 2011 21:01:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Raven,
    Add insult to injury, your response made me feel a lot better and it resolved my problem. I'm sure it wasn't intended to come off as snippy but it did. I've heard this sort of response before on the forum, from multiple members and there seems to be a lot of recycled canned responses here:
    "If you're suicidal go to the emergency room, try installing passive monitors as a low cost option for monitoring, have you actually seen any live bugs? It will get better."That's the one I love best, everyone telling me it will get better eventually. Funny because it's just getting worse. I'm about to just never come back here though sometimes it's this or totally lose it. This is the one place where people should be allowed to come vent. I am well aware of the fact that the people here who offer advice do it out of the kindness of their hearts, no one lets it be forgotten. I don't expect anyone to be at my "beckon call" but with the volume of posting that goes on here many posts get responded to immediately.

Yes, I do have anxiety and I am extremely depressed. I have been to a therapist. I had a therapist appointment last night and had to skip class and have an emergency walk-in visit today, which they actually referred to as triage because I was suicidal. The therapist was clueless and felt bad because there's no answer, no way for them to help. Does that make it easier to handle the situation here? Not really. Sitting here watching my life spiral hopelessly downwards as I might have to quit school. Just reading between the lines here now. No responses to posts and suggestions to see a therapist says basically I've worn out my welcome and/or everyone is sick of hearing from me.
    This is the only place I know of to come to for help. People don't always respond with helpful advice but take the time to respond only to berate a sufferer for needing help from someone who understands the nature of the problem! When bed bug suffers start getting pious and feeling free to isolate others for being upset that is pretty sad. Glad your problem isn't having as devastating effect on you that seeing a counselor makes everything OK.

I can't apologize for being upset. I'm sorry but I just can't. I'm hardly keeping afloat right now and completely appreciate the positive feedback.

13. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 24 2011 21:28:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Vic,

Send me a private message with your number and I'll try and help the best I can. I have been through thousands of treatments and I have helped all kinds of people.

I don't write much all the time because I hate typing. I know, not the best place to be for a guy who hates typing. I help a lot of people all across the country who send me private messages and that is why I don't always respond to posts. Most of those messages go to the phone to better understand what's going on and to give better advise.

With my business I have always said, its 20% bug, 80% customer service (the bug is the easy part for me). When it comes to bed bugs, I have helped many people who feel the way you do right now.

As I said, if you want to send me your number I'll reach out and help where I can. I'll be available after 5pm tomorrow .. just let me know.

Best, KQ

14. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 24 2011 22:18:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand you asking for support, I just don't think you should feel entitled to it or guilt people into giving it to you, which is the vibe I felt you giving off. Many of us are falling apart.

I do hope things improve for you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs