Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

HELP! Stuck With Bed Bugs over a Year, No Money or Health

(2 posts)
  1. NeverDeadBed

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Aug 14 2012 6:15:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been coming to this site for a while now, but I only just registered after working up the nerve. I'll save my introductions for the appropriate thread. Here I need advice on a very complicated issue.

To be brief: I live in a three floor house with an attic and boiler room in NYC, Queens. Thanks to a tenant-like circumstance I can't say, I have bed bugs. I've had them for over a year. It's substantial enough to see them crawling up the wall once in a while (my bedroom and in the kitchen downstairs).

Worse, I have no money to spare. My mortgage is close to 3,000 a month alone (not including bills, utilities, expense for food for three people (my folks and myself), student loan bill, etc.). I tried keeping the infestation to a minimum by using things like powder (Bed Bug Powder) and sprays (DeadBedBug Spray) and it worked for a while. However, as you'd have guessed, there's just no getting rid of them/preventing them from getting at me and my folks by these methods after so long.

I wanted to get exterminators in, but as I said I can't spare a dime or I'll get kicked out of my house in a heartbeat (almost did because I paid somewhat late). I recently tried to get a PCO in anyway when I had close to a thousand to spare (first and last time), but that went wrong. I had to (of course) take care of washing/bagging the entire house on my own since both of my parents are too physically disabled to be of much help and in the process hurt my tendons to the point where I can't even write. Even typing now is difficult. This makes getting in a PCO even more difficult now as I can't even follow the procedure without hurting myself even more.

I need advice. I do plan on moving out and fast, primarily for the financial reasons but also for the bed bug reasons, but there's nothing I can do until I somehow save up enough money to move somewhere else in NYC and buy all new furniture (gotta go somewhere close enough to work (job's in Jamaica) but not find a place in a bed bug ridden area (which I can't find a list of NYC areas that have no bed bugs)) .

I'm sorry for the long story. I tried to be as succinct as possible. Please help with any advice you can give me. Even if all you can spare is a well-wish, I thank you for your care.

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Aug 14 2012 7:15:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear never,

The good news is that YOU can beat this thing despite having limited resources available.

I know this to be true because I've helped others do so successfully and my "poster person" is in partially paralyzed and in a wheel chair. So, my feeling is that if that person can do it, so can you.

It is a significant effort but you can be successful if you know what to do.

You can check out my profile and contact me directly if you wish. Also, you can check with the NYPL for a copy of my book as well.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19