Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

HELP solve a reinfestation mystery

(7 posts)
  1. bugbasher

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Aug 8 2008 20:55:52
    #

Login to Send PM

HM,
    What about the company who did the vikane? Have they done vikane for bb's before? Do you have referances? If you are in the south,did they maybe use the same dose as per termites? I believe the dose is 3x that of termites,you can look it up via tags to know for sure.It seems to me that there is something fishy about a company that just keeps coming back without trying to get to the bottom of it(for their own reputation,if no other reason).If it were me ,I'd want to collect samples of these super bugs and send them to an entomologist.Have they never asked to do this?
    Point is ,you seem to be correct that there doesn't appear to be a reinfestation issue,that leaves them.Do some unobtrusive sluething and you should be able to find out.Don't go in accusing,but ask questions.Good luck and keep us posted.

2. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Aug 9 2008 7:42:10
    #

Login to Send PM

HM
    OMG, what a nightmare.

Have you tried contacting Dow Agscience?

I would think that Dow might be interested in looking at your situation.

I agree fully with NoBugs that re-infestation is more likely than resistance to Vikane, but given your experience I think asking Dow to look into your situation would be prudent. Did your PCO measure the fumigant gas concentration with a moniter?

I expect your PCO is tearing their hair out over this job. How does your PCO explain the results that you have obtained?

Where are you located?

You may want to consider bringing in an experienced K9 team to see if a Bed Bug Dog inspection can shed any light on how you are becoming re-infested. You could use the dog to try to track down or rule out suspected sources. I will be glad to recommend a K9 team, if you send a PM to me.

Otherwise, be very careful about ruling out any suspected sources & try keeping a log of your activities. Have a careful observer look over the log to see if they can spot any possible sources that you are missing.

You have my total sympathy on this...I have always thought of Vikane as being the only remaining silver bullet treatment. Hearing about your treatment failures is so alarming & disheartening.

You seem to be taking the right actions...Don't give up...There will come a day when you are free of these little parasites.

3. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Aug 9 2008 8:40:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I would speak with Dow and have them look into this further. All I can say is that when we did vikane on our home, we took VERY EXTREME precautions upon leaving and returning to the house.
    I agree that re infestation is more likely.

4. theprey

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Aug 9 2008 9:23:21
    #

Login to Send PM

HM, it sounds like you think there's a problem at your children's day care, even though it hasn't been detected by dogs. Have you thought about trying a different day care facility? Could they be at someone's office?

5. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Aug 9 2008 11:02:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Oops, make that Dow Agroscience

6. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Aug 9 2008 14:53:44
    #

Login to Send PM

HM, I hope Nobugs will see your post and assure you that you can name your PCO. All she wants is that people not lie and not pass themselves off as customers when they are not.

I am frequently saddened by the reluctance of so many to name their PCOs. This is particularly puzzling when it's a regular participant who has had a good experience. They sometimes say, "PM me" but by the time someone comes along who needs the information, the person is happily bedbug-free and no longer available to respond.

When someone recently started a thread that aggregated NYC PCO recommendations and asked for additional feedback, there were virtually no responses. It was so sad. In NYC, a heavily infested city with no doubt a ton of New Yorkers reading and participating here.

The first person who solves this problem and creates a reliable place for people to post recommendations and credible reviews of bedbug service providers (and the attendant difficulties are not insignificant, I know) will do a truly great thing and render an invaluable service. So, if a web entrepreneur is reading this, this is the opportunity. Create a killer bedbug review website and we will all reward you with our patronage.

7. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Aug 9 2008 20:57:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Nomo

That is a really great idea.

It would be a practical tool for consumers who are struggling with an infestation.

Maybe NoBugs could set up a separate page here for reviews & see if we can't try some social engineering to get a PCO feedback bulletin board going for the metro area.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88