help, prep for exterminator and treat clothes

(5 posts)
  1. spreklina

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Oct 2 2018 11:16:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all, I have read alot on this forum but still I have questions. I am on a sailboat and have brought bed bugs to the boat. We are waiting for an exterminator and trying to prep what we can (wash clothes and bedding). All my things have been sitting ON my bed!! my makeup bag and bag with hygene products. Do I need to throw them out or wash them as well? (I think I know the answer..) also, what can we leave in the boat while it is being treated? do we need to clear EVERYTHING? Like books and such, and what about the ropes? they are in a confined container though. There are also cushions in the main deck, it is an open air space, do we have to treat them? is it ok to leave them in the boat during fumigation?

This is a huge problem for us as we are in a foreign country (Morocco!) and had to reach out to the consulat just ro get in touch with an exterminator here. We are totally lost as we come from Iceland and have never even had to think about bed bugs before... The concept of fumigation is extremely foreign to us. If we can not get to a dryer, is it enough to wash our clothes at 45°C (note celcius!) to rid clothes of potential bugs?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Oct 2 2018 11:27:20
    #

Login to Send PM

If I were treating the boat and language was a barrier I would prefer that nothing be moved so I could get a clear picture of the infestation. Once you start moving things and cleaning some things but not others it makes it hard to piece everything together.

3. spreklina

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Oct 2 2018 11:31:55
    #

Login to Send PM

oh fuck... thats... bad. we have already packed alot of our things up. I do have a photograph of a bedbug in the boat.... We will stop and wait.

but what about other things, I dont understand the fumigation process, will we need new mattresses? can I leave shoes?

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Oct 2 2018 11:34:58
    #

Login to Send PM

These are all questions best posed to the one doing the treatment...

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Oct 2 2018 11:35:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Post the image, at least we can provide a second set of eyes on the insect.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,427 posts in 49,259 topics over 152 months by 21,590 of 22,013 members. Latest: Ddukes, acidburn, metropest