Help please!! I might be losing it

(8 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme43

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 13:19:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay guys. I’m hoping someone can give me some advice here. Monday morning I noticed some bites on my hand 3 in a row, I know the pattern thing is a myth but just being thorough, anyway then Tuesday nothing, then Wednesday I had 2 more on my back side by side in the morning and in the evening I had 1 more on my wrist. Now this morning I have another potential one on my shoulder and one on my other wrist and my daughter had one on her forehead, at least I think that’s what it is, anyway we came into contact with bed bugs about 5 weeks ago. We had nothing for almost 5 whole weeks and now in this week alone we’ve had a total of 9 or 10 in just a 4 day time span. I just cleaned out the room where my dog spent most of her time, she just recently passed and had horrible dry skin and scratched all the time. Then the next day the bumps showed up.
    Today I cleaned my entire bedroom thinking it was probably bed bugs from 5 weeks ago but I didn’t find anything on my box spring, my mattress is in an encasement, I sprayed my walls and baseboards with 90% alcohol solution because I’m stuck at home and didn’t have access to anything else today, anyway I didn’t see ANYTHING I’ve read the boards on what the watch for and look for. I didn’t see anything that looked even close to bed bug related and furthermore I didn’t find a single bug.

My question is what are the chances that this is from the bed bugs 5 weeks ago? Should I call in a professional?

2. Scared88

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 13:42:20
    #

Login to Send PM

No advice, just sympathy. My entire family started getting the mysterious "bites"/scabs/scratches/bumps at the end of January. I've encased all mattresses, put climb-ups under the beds, vaccuumed like a mad woman .... and I check beds every single day. Only trace I've found is a couple tiny blood spots on my son's bed 2x. No bugs, shed skins, fecals. I also had a PCO say no bugs. But the "bites" continue. I'm slowly losing my mind...

3. Nobugsonme43

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 14:00:50
    #

Login to Send PM

That’s awful I’m so sorry! So far it’s just me and my daughter but it all started happening I’m 4 days so that’s what is making me think not bed bugs. It’s been 5 weeks since we had contact. Idk it all just makes you feel like you are losing your mind.

4. deBug

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 14:31:01
    #

Login to Send PM

If you had bed bugs or contact 5 weeks ago, it could be new eggs that hatched, since they can take up to 4 months to hatch.

5. Nobugsonme43

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 15:58:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I don’t believe I brought any home and if I did they definitely weren’t mated at least I don’t think so. The house had set empty for almost 4 months. And my research led me to believe they couldn’t lay eggs unless they were fed and mated.

6. SalsaVince

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 17:12:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Just wanted to correct some info on here. Eggs do not take 4 months. I've read that they take about a week typically. After adult females have fed and mated, they can lay eggs for quite some time even without feeding/mating again. You can ask BigDummy on here who has done an experiment on that subject and Lou can correct me if I'm wrong since he's the entomologist. Also, alcohol is a contact killer so unless you are directly spraying bugs/eggs, spraying the walls isn't going to have much of an effect.

I'm a little unclear on your exposure to them. You seem to be focused on your daughters toys. Did you actually sleep in the home where the bugs were and have bedding/furniture in there?

If you're getting bites from something that frequently, then it sounds like you should at least see if a pro can come in for an inspection.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  7. Nobugsonme43

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 17:34:46
    #

Login to Send PM

We tried to move into a rental home. And all we took in there were some of her toys and some of our clothes. We sprayed everything and/washed and dried what we could. No furniture was ever taken into the house with the bugs. But that house had sat empty for 4 months before we attempted to move in.

8. Nobugsonme43

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 21:25:34
    #

Login to Send PM

That very sweet. But I live in the U.S.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,918 posts in 48,923 topics over 151 months by 21,472 of 21,878 members. Latest: NW516, Charly_051, EduardoR