Help Please I am at the end of my rope!

(5 posts)
  1. crawlinginmyownskin

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2014 16:32:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Please I need some help. I have recently found out I have bed bugs and am trying to convince my mother that we have them. She is in utter denial about the situation and is willing to do the very least about the issue. These damn bugs are causing issues in my relationship, causing me to feel disgusted and uneasy in my own home. I am a recent college graduate and am applying to art school so my bedroom is my studio as well. It is pretty much impossible to get everything out of my room without spreading these evil demons throughout the rest of the house.

Methods I have tried are :
    1. Steamed mattress and box spring
    *** also everything that could make a bridge or touch my bed i removed, Computer cables, cellphone cables ANYTHiNG***
    2. Washed mattress pad, cover, pillows, sheets, blankets anything that touched my bed in Hot water with bleach. Later found out through bed bug interrogation bleach is not very effective sucker was swimming[u]! (this cost me almost $50 at my local laundry mat!!!)
    3.Encased my mattress and box spring and liberly sprinkled DE on it. Between box spring and matress
    4.Created a DE barrier around my bed. (starting to think this is failing me cause some nights I can't sleep because I will see one and my skin will not stop crawling.)
    5. Brother was complaining so I steamed the couches and DE barrier again. ( still see them on the couches )
    6. removed as much clutter as possible with out contaminating the rest of house. ( I have canvas, sketch pads, paint, resin, reference books, markers, etc. that I have no where else to store them. i gotten as close as i can with DE without destroying my work and supplies as possible. Storage suggestions for this stuff would be great!)
    7. TRIED EXPLAINING TO MY MOTHER THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM! This fell on deff ears.

I have resorted to leaving my house and going to a local coffee shop to work. I just want to cry sometimes cause this is so traumatizing experience. I know we are not dirty people how did this happen. My house has turned into hell. I stopped having people over. When my boyfriend doesn't want comes over I don't get mad cause I wouldn't want to get bitten at night either.

I have spent Idk how much money trying to get rid of the PEST FROM HELL! I just graduated I don't have that kind of money. I know there is no magical treatment but I am literally at the tipping point of just throwing everything away and living like a hobbit with my art supplies. PLEASE i really am asking for some serious help.

1. are there any natural alternatives I have read some about tea tree oil.
    2. is DE really a good option
    3. This is my steamer (Steamer)
    4. I feel trapped

2. Sleepy_and_Afraid

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2014 17:21:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't offer any advice, but I can offer a shoulder to cry on. My husband is also in semi-denial about it. He thinks because we got rid of their harborage (the sofa) and inspections have revealed zippo elsewhere that they can't possibly be multiplying in the walls. Do you have a therapist? I've called mine a few times this week and it helps a bit.

3. crawlinginmyownskin

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2014 18:06:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Sleepy and afraid thank you I never realized how terrifying it really is sometimes. I do have a therapist but am to ashamed to talk about it with her. But these pretty are ruining my life slowly. I can't enjoy being home every black dot is a bug. Every itch is a bite, it is a relief to know they're are other s going through the same horror as me and can get some support.

4. Stay_Positive

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2014 18:20:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I was afraid to tell my therapist as well, but he was really understanding even though he has never dealt with them before. I have only seen him once since I found the bug, but he was really helpful in helping me cope with the high levels of stress and anxiety caused by these pests! It could help you a lot to have someone who will listen to you and possibly give you advice on how to approach your mother about it. In the end, it's up to you and your comfort level with your therapist!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Sep 2 2014 4:00:05
    #

Login to Send PM

crawling,
    Do you have photos of fecal stains or bed bugs you can post here?
    An entomologist or pest expert on the site may be able to ID your pest, which may help convince your mother of the issue.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956