Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Help! New here. I got bat bugs fancy name for bed bugs?

(3 posts)
  1. batbugger

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jun 19 2012 11:08:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so about 15 days ago I was just about to fall asleep when I felt something crawling across my back. I immediately grab it off. When I seen it I was shocked, and flipped out, and threw it on the bed. At this point, my husband woke up and we were both freaking out trying to find something to contain the bug. We used tape. Now that we were both wide awake we decided to google it. We knew what it was, but was praying it wasn't. To our horror it was a bb. I immediately starting rattling my brain as to where this came from and thought "oh my gosh. Can bats carry bbugs?" That's when I found bat bugs. We have well had bats living in the attic of our rental for months now. Anyway long story short we had the bug examined and it is a bat bug. The landlord is being uncooperative so, and wont hire a professional for the bugs/ and bats. She is making the problem worse.

We were told the bugs have to be treated just like bb are treated. Does anyone know if this is true? Also we only found 3 adults one nymph and dead ones in random spots. 2 of the adults we found on our mattress the night I was first bit. I have since search my little heart out. In my room, my kids room, couch etc. cannot find where they are! The landlord remove the bats but, thinks the bugs will just leave, so we are having to fight for treatment. It is just strange I seem to have the most bites they are single bites one a night maybe two. Also last night after doing my nightly search with a flashlight at 2am of my daughters mattress, didn't find nothing, but she woke up with a bit today! Can anyone tell me how to find where they are hiding, or how and where to find them?

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jun 19 2012 11:14:21
    #

Login to Send PM

There are some differences between bed bugs and bat bugs. My understanding is that you need to get rid of the bats for effective treatment. Here's Jeff White, explaining: http://www.bedbugcentral.com/tv/index.php/2009/02/bbctv-18-bed-bugs-vs-bat-bugs/

Your landlord's (and your) rights and obligations are dictated by the terms of your agreement and by local law. Consult with your local tenant advocacy organization, if you have access to one, or an attorney.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. batbugger

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jun 20 2012 21:01:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I have watched that a few times. The thing is they are not up by the ceiling. The ceiling and walls are smooth no cracks/ crevices. Walls and ceilings nice and white. We don't have much clutter. Its really frustrating me. I only have been finding dead one now around the washer/ dryer from laundry, but we are still getting bites. I just want to know if we have one, two, or hundreds? I took a blow dryer to the bed frame, nothing. Searched all through box spring , nothing. What gives? If I could just find them, or where they hide It could at least keep it from escalating.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams