Help needed to identify this bug? [a: book louse]

(4 posts)
  1. nkaiting

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 1:40:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Can anyone help me identify this bug? This bug is abt 2mm big, stays mainly on the ceiling and walls. Bites cause itch and stays for many days.

bug01

bug02

bite

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 5:58:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug. Booklouse

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 7:27:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Your skin lesion wouldn't be from the book lice.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 7:34:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Skin lesion could be in response to the environmental conditions (damp) that has allowed a population increase in the pscocids. It does happen and has been reported by those who have been previously exposed to other insects including bed bugs.

Hope that helps, there is more about booklice here:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/pscocids.html

Take care.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325