Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Help needed! How do I prevent taking bedbugs home with me?

(3 posts)
  1. UStraveler1234

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Oct 22 2017 18:28:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all.

I have a dilemma. I have been staying in a hotel for 4 weeks now for work (I recently left), and I found a bed bug in my bed! It was very large. Anyway, when EcoLab came to the hotel room to inspect, they claimed that they didn’t find any clusters. Either way, I need peace of mind because there is NO WAY I am bringing them back to my home in NC. What should I do?! I have already dried all of my clothes. What should I do with my shoes? What about suitcases? My cosmetics and electronics? I’m in North Little Rock currently, so if anyone can direct me to pest control services that can heat treat my items, I would greatly appreciate it. I’m freaking out!

2. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Oct 22 2017 19:01:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Chances are low anyone on here will be able to suggest you a heat treatment service in your area. You'll have to do research on companies in that area that perform heat treatments and see if they can heat treat items or will possibly heat treat them in a moving truck or trailer or something along those lines. I doubt you'll find a company in that area that will advertise the fact they'll heat treat personal belongings that aren't in a household or whatnot. So you'll have to call companies that do thermal remediation on structures and see if they have a way to treat belongings with heat when moving from one location to another, or if they'll heat treat a rented moving truck or trailer.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  3. UStraveler1234

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Oct 22 2017 19:38:57
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 34 minutes ago  » 
    Chances are low anyone on here will be able to suggest you a heat treatment service in your area. You'll have to do research on companies in that area that perform heat treatments and see if they can heat treat items or will possibly heat treat them in a moving truck or trailer or something along those lines. I doubt you'll find a company in that area that will advertise the fact they'll heat treat personal belongings that aren't in a household or whatnot. So you'll have to call companies that do thermal remediation on structures and see if they have a way to treat belongings with heat when moving from one location to another, or if they'll heat treat a rented moving truck or trailer.

Thank you for your reply--I appreciate it. I found a few thermal remediation companies in the state. I will certainly look into them. I'm so scared about bringing them home!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,819 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen