HELP! NEED ADVICE!

(6 posts)
  1. bebenekd

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 16 2016 14:47:57
    #

Login to Send PM

My brother had bedbugs, and cleaned out his room, sprayed, used DE and has been bed bug free. A about a week ago I found 2 bed bugs on my wooden bed frame which was new! sprayed the frame down about 2 times, vacuumed cleaned linens, and didn't find bed bugs on my new mattress thankfully. 2 days later I found 3 more bed bugs on the opposite side of the frame, so I ended up throwing it away. I became very disgusted! Haven't slept in my room since. Washed the clothes I'm currently using, but really dreading washing all my clothes. I have a closet full, and a shelf full of clothes. Is it necessary to do so? I cleaned 1/4th of the clothes that were closer to the ground. I have 4 shelves on the opposite side of the room (the wall that connects my room and my brothers). My laptop is there, along with tv, and books, more books, some more books, pictures, and random gifts/ souvenirs, things like that. Do I need to clean all that?! If so how?! I'm really dreading moving all that stuff into bags! Do you think the bed bugs could be hiding in the shelves? I am SOOOOO STRESSED ABOUT THIS!! I don't know how to get all my personal belongings out of the room, and really don't want to do it if it is not necessary.

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 16 2016 17:01:00
    #

Login to Send PM

On a low level problem, they wouldn't be 'hiding out' in the shelves.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. bebenekd

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 16 2016 18:30:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a PCO come out for a free inspection, and he said since I haven't slept in the room, most likely they are hiding out, and not on the bed or bed frame, because they aren't in there. I suppose I should have taken care of this ASAP but I HATE BUGS!!

4. BugsUpInFlames

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 16 2016 21:13:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Not an expert, but don't be moving around your house! What bugs survived probably fled your brother's room just for yours instead. You move, they will follow you, and infest more of the house (they can sense your heat and smell the CO2 you emit). It will drive the price of treatment up.

As hard as it is, during treatment, sleep in your own bed.

Formerly BeenBuggedMidoriBird
  5. bebenekd

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 16 2016 21:55:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Even if I'm sleeping downstairs? Ugh! this is so complicated and stressful!

6. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 16 2016 22:20:26
    #

Login to Send PM

If your favorite restaurant moved only 500 feet away, you'd still eat there right? They go where you go. I know it is hard. Been there. We all have. But it is important to keep sleeping in your bed each night.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie