Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Help me understand some things

(9 posts)
  1. prosper23

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 14:28:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm beyond aggravated at this point lol. I been on this site for a year now so that just can give you a idea of how long i've been dealing with whatever this is. I woke up this morning to my leg having two welts on them and two bright little i guess punctures? it didn't itch but had like a burning sensation like i scratched deep and cut myself.

Now over the past year i've had marks appear but sometimes i discover them later on but it seems like when its cold I tend to get that burning sensation. Don't know why.

I have found suspect spots on my comforter (rust like stains i just seen and a black mark on my sheet) but no one on the site that can identify is around. I have a passive monitor which i had for months and never had anything on it. (side note, the backing won't stick no more, any idea how i can get it to restick??) What should I get next, a magnifying glass, climb ups? In a minute i'm gonna get some cimexa cause i'm fed up.

2. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 17:41:44
    #

Login to Send PM

The packtite passive monitor is supposed to work within 2 days so maybe it needs a different placement.
    Have you had a professional PCO do an inspection (usually free)?
    I would get cimexa because it'll kill other bugs so maybe you'll see something dead and can find out what you have.
    You may not have any bugs, it may be a skin allergy or other skin thing.
    Best of luck.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. prosper23

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 18:15:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah terminex came out around last December or Jan and didn't find anything but I didn't feel he was as thorough with it. Only thing I've ever found were carpet beetle larvae and actual live ones crawling on my boxspring.

4. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 22:17:21
    #

Login to Send PM

You had live ones on your box spring but Terminex found nothing?
    Where is your packtite?

5. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 22:17:22
    #

Login to Send PM

You had live ones on your box spring but Terminex found nothing?
    Where is your packtite?

6. prosper23

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Dec 11 2017 8:24:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Live ones were pertaining to carpet beetles and I found those afterwards

7. Mawiwala

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Dec 11 2017 10:40:34
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have an infestation, there would be signs right now. You could have the bed luck of one single male bed bug, which you would never find but not an infestation. But I believe it is more head bugs means imagination, sensitive skin or allergic to something. Especially the remark, that it is worse when it gets cold is a sign for sensitive skin.

And a packtite was about a few weeks without evidence, then you are in the clear.

8. prosper23

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Dec 11 2017 14:16:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought allergic to something at one time but still not sure about that. I mainly get these marks on my legs and I wear shorts to bed. Past week or so I found some in a line on the side of my butt smh.

And I think I worded the cold weather remark wrong but I was saying when it comes to that burning sensation, I always noticed that when it was maybe colder outside. The marks are all year around

9. Mawiwala

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Dec 11 2017 15:36:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a native speaker, maybe I translated it wrong.

If this is going on for a year, there would be an infestation with quite a lot of bugs and other evidence and the number of bites on you would increase. Maybe there is another reason.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,536 posts in 48,139 topics over 149 months by 21,209 of 21,563 members. Latest: John0094, Samworriesaboutbedbugs, thebooklouse