Help me please [expert DIY advice needed]

(14 posts)
  1. Helpmeplease247

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 10 2017 3:17:07
    #

Login to Send PM

So this is a long story. Before all this happened I didn't even know bed bugs existed. I thought they were just a tale or when you'd tell your kids at night. Well they aren't. I know how I got them and it's a long story so I'll skip that. I live with my parents and I'm poor, they are poor. This can't happen. My parents don't know because I've tried everything in my power to protect them and I know how's it effecting me emotionally and I don't want to do that to them. I mean my dad only has 30% movement in his neck from a car wreck. He doesn't need to deal with this. I was getting bites and I finally saw a couple. This made me spring into action of looking everything I could on the internet. I read everything and everyone talked about this powder to use. So guess what I did? I used the powder. Granted it was going great. 2 weeks passed with no bites, not seeing any. Well I'm saw some bites on me so I did the powder again. Which is normal because they say to put the powder down every two weeks. Once I did it again there were no bites. Fast forward a little bit I saw two on my wall. I kill any I see. So I put more powder down. Now it's come to the point where I'm not getting any bites at all but I still see one every so often. I don't know how to fully get rid of these things. I just bought some spray by Proof. It had really good reviews and I'm hoping it gets rid of them once and for all. I can't afford steaming, any real pesticides because I have pets, or an exterminator because my parents don't know and even if they did know they couldn't afford it. Help me know that I'm doing things right. I'm at a loss. Every time I think I'm free I see one but with no bites. I'm one of those people when I know I've been bite. Just help me please.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 10 2017 9:46:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry you're going through this. I understand you want to protect your parents but I think you really should tell them what's going on. Fighting bed bugs needs to be a group effort and they may be seeing things themselves which you're not aware of.

What kind of powder did you use?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Helpmeplease247

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 10 2017 21:00:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I put earth powder down. I killed the mom I believe. I haven't see any bug ones, only babies. I kill any I see. The problem I'm having is I'm getting no bites but still seeing one every now and then.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 10 2017 22:59:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Diatomaceous earth does not need to be reapplied every two weeks. It can stay down and will keep killing bed bugs.

If you're "only seeing babies" now, there's a chance you killed almost all the bed bugs, but there's also a chance you have some other bug (like book lice, often mistaken for bed bug nymphs). Can you post a close photo for ID verification next time you see one?

5. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 1:42:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Post a picture. If it is confirmed to be bed bugs you have to let your parents know because killing them in one room doesn't work. Also, there is an inexpensive powder that is more effective than diatomaceous earth. Cimexa is more effective than what you've been using and it's not expensive. There is other advice we can give you, too. But post pictures of the bugs first.

6. Helpmeplease247

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 15:00:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll try to post a picture as soon as I see one. It's like every other week I'll see one. I've also seen tons of rolly pollies and house centipedes running around. I've actually seen more of those than I have bed bugs but I don't kill the centipedes because supposedly they kill bed bugs. I'll give the other powder a shot. I'm also ripping up my carpet because I live in the basement and concrete underneath.

7. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 16:15:30
    #

Login to Send PM

OK so your parents dont know right?So what do they think the powder is that your spreading around the House and why your doing it?Are you only using it in the basement where you Are?If so thats why your not killing them...They have probably already spread through out your house.You really should be treating your whole house..Also if I were you I would be using some kind of spray also.You also should really be telling your parents so that everyone can be working together to get rid of The bed bugs.

8. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 6:10:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Carpet can actually make it easier to use the Cimexa dust. Without carpet the dust will blow around.

9. Helpmeplease247

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 13 2017 4:12:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't seen a single one since Friday and even then that was the first time I'd seen one in a week or two. I've looked everywhere for one and can't find any.

10. Helpmeplease247

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 14 2017 3:44:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't find where they are coming from. I know that websites say to find the housing of the infestation but I can't. I've looked literally everywhere. I just want to know the best most efficient way to kill these things 100%. I've looked on every website and watch every video. But nothing tells me how to kill these things 100%. There has to be something or a way to. They can't be invincible. Something has to kill these things and their eggs 100%.

11. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 14 2017 6:01:06
    #

Login to Send PM

The closest thing to that, currently, is the Cimexa dust. But you need to post a picture so you know what you are dealing with for sure.

12. Helpmeplease247

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 14 2017 7:03:40
    #

Login to Send PM

The problem is I can't find them. I've looked everywhere to find one and can't. I've checked my clothes, my bed, books, walls, baseboards, I've even stayed up all night to try and find one. No luck. . I wish there was some magical spray to kill them. I think it's crazy no one has come up with a better way to get rid of these things. You'd think we'd have invented something by now.

13. Helpmeplease247

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 14 2017 7:19:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I also know it's bed bugs because when I killed one it was bloody. But all the rest have just been brown when killed. One even bit me but when I killed him he was brown not red like he had recently fed. It was weird. Since him, I haven't had bites for 2-3 weeks.

14. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 14 2017 7:35:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Is it possible for you to post an image showing the extent of the infestation, such as faecal traces.

The appropriate treatment methods depend on the extent of the issue and working that out first and foremost would be helpful.

You can also find a DIY approach outlined in Bed Bug Beware which is now available to read online at:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/bedbugbeware

With a few images I may be able to better advise.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,277 posts in 49,227 topics over 152 months by 21,578 of 21,999 members. Latest: Cc8656, bb3784738, Buggingout111