Help me Identify these bug bites!!

(11 posts)
  1. blablasneakybla

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jul 6 2013 11:59:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Alright so I woke up yesterday morning with around 50 or more bug bites from the waist down, and only 1 on my chest. The night previous was the 4th, I spent 15 minutes no longer outside in semi-high grass watching the firework show finale. I wore jeans and tennis shoes, and shot fireworks off around midday for around 30 minutes, was still wearing jeans and tennis shoes. I thought that it could've been chiggers from the high grass, but I mean FIFTY bites with jeans in 15 minutes??? To me that seems ridiculous. I also did a full inspection on my bed and box frame, I found what looked like 2 large bug shells, but much larger than the described bed bug infestation. I proceeded to vacuum everything and wash everything in hot water. Then once again I find it very hard to believe that 50 bites came in one night and all were below the waist? I also sleep with my dog, but he's an inside dog and every time he's outside (which isn't much) he has a leash and I'm watching him. He's also not itching profusely which makes me think it isn't fleas. Anyways here's the photos of my left leg (it's worse than my right): http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/charkilla/media/FB615B9E-635D-40A7-868B-4D5B226233F2-10933-0000192890211DFB.jpg.html

http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/charkilla/media/35F2E4DE-0A26-432D-8D48-653D1D4A8B2B-10933-000019287D588281.jpg.html

2. Nemo

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jul 6 2013 12:06:58
    #

Login to Send PM

<- Not an expert.

Have you had any travel lately, had contact with anyone you know has bed bugs, had bed bugs reported at work, or had a house guest recently? If you live in an apartment, have you moved into one recently or had new neighbors move in recently?

Have you been outside in shorts in the past week? Sometimes bites take a while to show up.

There're so many biting arthropods I wouldn't assume bed bugs first thing. (Especially with so many bites so suddenly. You'd have to go from zero to a few dozen bedbugs practically overnight.)

3. blablasneakybla

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jul 6 2013 12:39:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah I've never had a case of bed bugs personally, so all the bites were simultaneously, and I haven't vacationed anywhere lately. The only place I've been to is my cousin's house which he had bed bugs from a hotel around 2 years ago, but he lives in a different house now with 3 other room mates, and none of them have complained or spoke of bites.

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jul 6 2013 17:39:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Not going to be Bed Bugs ... Could be a viral infection, I would recommend a trip to the doctor.

5. blablasneakybla

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jul 6 2013 17:59:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm extremely worried that it may be bed bugs so I'm taking the necessary precautions, but why do you think it's not bed bugs? I truly hope it's not and I find it extremely odd that someone that hasn't had any previous bites, suddenly contracted bed bugs and in one night got bit over 50 times. Thanks for the replies everyone!

6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jul 6 2013 18:04:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Having 50 bites in one night would be like jumping in a bed with 3-500 bed bugs in it.

If its insect related its either flea bites or ants from outside. I would imagine you would have felt that many bugs crawling on you at one time in such a short period of time outside.

Many times clients of mine have learned that they have a viral infection after a trip to the doctor is recommended.

7. blablasneakybla

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jul 6 2013 18:23:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Alright thanks for the input! Would it be unwise to give it a couple days to see if it goes away? Or should I go to the doctor ASAP?

8. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jul 6 2013 18:52:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't answer that one since I'm not a doctor ... I would go sooner rather then later if it was me.

9. blablasneakybla

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jul 6 2013 22:22:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm beginning to think that they're chigger bites, and maybe I have a bad reaction to them. It would explain why I felt it at the time I did, because they take 3-6 hours to start itching.

10. ChiCityTroubles

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Aug 20 2013 16:35:11
    #

Login to Send PM

PS. I suppose it could be chigger bites as well. Maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Wrong thread - just not sure how to delete. Sorry!

11. anxiety high

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2014 20:58:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Please help me I feel like I am going crazy. About a month and a half ago I had my nephew over to stay the night he is only six he brought a backpack with him for his cloths and toys. After I took him home the next day I was talking to my sister and she told me that she had to call a professional out to her house they think they may have bed bugs. Her son travels alot for basketball. Well I have been going crazy since I live in a apartment and am a single mom. I called the apartment complex early just to have someone come out. A couple weeks later I am getting a rash on the inside of my arms they look like little bites some are three in a row. I have looked everywhere for these and cant find anything. I tore my bedroom up and even went through my apartment I am so scared that i have these things It has gotten so bad that i had the exterminator out here four different times checking my sons room and mine and the living room. He is saying that he cant find anything and the apartment complex is saying that they wont send him out anymore its costing them money. The bites are not itchy and they are little dont know what to do next please help me i dont want to wait around until a big infestation is going on. I cant help but to cry and I dont want to come home anymore.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,805 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen