HELP ME ID THIS PALE BUG PLEASE [a: not bed bug nymph]

(3 posts)
  1. maru27

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jun 27 2015 18:03:11
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I was doing my bed earlier and I noticed this little pale bug in the sheets,
    I thought it was dead, when I got closer and tried to grab it, it moved a bit, and then I noticed
    it was hurt, like either me or my husband had slept on it and broken his body. It had this tiny little black pouch on the side and I thought at first that it could've been another insect but now I think it was a little sack of blood. When I finally removed it from my bed with a napkin I ended up smearing it and it stained my bedsheets. I took these pictures beforehand but I ended up throwing the bug down the toilet.
    I once had a brief infestation of bed bugs a few years ago and they weren't pale like this one, which
    is why I'm unsure...as brief as the previous infestation I had was, it was a nightmare and I don't want to have to go through that again, so I just need to be sure that this isn't a bed bug but I think it is. Please help me.

http://imgur.com/FCNPq4C,crldA73#1
    http://imgur.com/FCNPq4C,crldA73#0

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jun 27 2015 19:11:57
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a shame you didn't get clear top and bottom pictures, but given how there are still some details you can see from the side, an expert should be able to hopefully identify it or at least let you know if it's bed bug or not. It would have to be a nymph to be white, I think.

Hoping non experts don't attempt to id this for you, given the picture.

If you happen to see any more, try and save it, if you can.

Don't panic yet. You know the ropes, and how to look for more signs, I assume, so that might be a good start. But don't ruin your weekend over this--it might not even be a bed bug. I've found and killed non-bed bugs , and they had black guts squirt out too.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jun 28 2015 8:34:15
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a shame you didn't get clear top and bottom pictures, but given how there are still some details you can see from the side, an expert should be able to hopefully identify it or at least let you know if it's bed bug or not. It would have to be a nymph to be white, I think.
    Not a bed bug nymph. Not quite sure what it is, but would need to see views noted above.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,373 posts in 50,181 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993