Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Help? It's not bed bugs...

(3 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jun 28 2012 23:16:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Im not sure if this is okay but i couldnt think of another place where people might know what is biting me. I've spent the last few days going crazy an thinking it must be in my head or I had the bugs again.

But I've found them and they aren't bed bugs.

Small, winged, gnat sized (<1/8inch but >1/4inch)insect; bright lime green body with red eyes. They seem to bite and hurt like hell and leave me covered in itchy bumps.

What are they? They seem worse when it's hot and humid. I need to kill them before they drive me nuts. The bites hurt and itch. I really hate the idea of another miserable summer. They get sucked into my room by my fan/AC and end up in my bed. D:

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 29 2012 13:17:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it a no see um or midge? I moved to be wetlands a while ago and thought I had bedbugs in the spring and I think this is what was getting me. I now have very expensive air conditioning on most of the time. Turn it up to 80 when gone..they can get through screens:

I'd wait until an entomologist comes on, but I thought no see ums were green...may be thinking of something else..

To me, the little suckers sting...

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 29 2012 13:44:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks! I think you might be right but nothing under midges/no-see-ums looks exactly like this littlebastard.

I think I'm allergic to the the bug exoskeletin stuff now, because they burn like fire when they walk on my skin. This is especially true when I'm sweating, or they're on the more senstive parts of my body. The bit does feel like a sting, and it feels really painful. It's worse than the BB bite because I can't sleep through it. (Never thought I'd say that. )

They're coming through my screen and now the window air conditioning unit, too. I just want to figure out how I can get rid of them when I don't really have access to the backyard.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,179 posts in 50,132 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92