Tags:

1. nycanon18

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Dec 1 2011 21:34:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I'll try to be concise and sane: after running a nyc metrocard under the cracks/crevices of my wall, I found a bug (bug #2 in album). Panicked, I've become obsessed with bedbugs and have fallen a huge victim to stress, guilt etc. After talking with my landlord, he told me to capture whatever I could to get IDed before overreacting with pest control. While I'll be giving my samples to him over the weekend (no time during the week), I figured I'd get some alternate advice.

As I mentioned earlier "bug #2" was found first, then "bug #1". After some searching, I convinced myself that these weren't bedbugs, but then found the potential fecal stain on my pillow. I'm not sure exactly what a saliva test is (any advice/tips?!), but I tried licking several of my fingers and individually swiping them over the stains (at least 2 days old, as far as I know).

Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated as I'm starting to think that moving to NYC has been a horrible mistake.

ps, i've tried searching my bed and haven't found anything. caveat: I haven't been able to examine my box spring aside from the use of a flashlight (living alone sucks.)

full album: http://imgur.com/a/NhNwX

Thanks in advance (and let me know if any other pictures are needed)-- this is a wonderful community!

2. bedbugsuptown

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Dec 1 2011 21:59:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi nycanon18,
    Just to let you know ur not alone in this. I'm not a entomologist or a pco but your bug pics--the bugs don't look like the bbs. I caught in the course of my infestation. Bug 2 looks too leggy and bug 1, well my bbs did not have long antennae like the ones in your pics.

Are either bugs brown in color with a horizontal stripes across their bodies. Not sure but I don't think
    that they are bedbugs.

There are only 2 other buggers on line at the moment other than myself. Be patient. The experts will be along to ID your bugs--I'll guarantee that.

3. bedbugsuptown

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Dec 1 2011 22:02:16
    #

Login to Send PM

btw, your one of the two buggers. Just be cool.

4. nycanon18

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Dec 1 2011 22:48:47
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsuptown,

thank you very much for your kind words and support! I have been a constant roller coaster for the past month and have no confirmation one way or another :(.

Are either bugs brown in color with a horizontal stripes across their bodies. Not sure but I don't think

I don't think so. Bug #1 seems to be red, while #2 seems to be white(ish). not sure about the stripes, unfortunately.

Also, I uploaded 2 more pictures of my pillowcase... the more I look at these, the more I panic that they are indeed stains.

thanks again; i'll try to stay calm!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Dec 1 2011 23:03:07
    #

Login to Send PM

#1 looks like a spider beetle.
    #2 not sure, but NOT a bed bug.

I am not an expert but I am certain neither of those two is a bed bug.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. nycanon18

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 7:41:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Nobugsonme (wonderful site, as well!)

I feel like I finally got a decent nights sleep (hopefully it'll continue!) with the IDs both you and bedbugsuptown provided.

Aside from the stains, my only other concern has been for the past two days, upon waking up, I notice a series of a few dots/rash/bites/??? on my left wrist that goes away once I shower. I know bedbug bites vary by person to person, but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this (picture: http://i.imgur.com/Boe7rh.jpg ; also added in album) The marks don't seem to be textured and disappear for the entire day.

thanks again

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 8:34:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Had a look at these just now:

Spider beetle
    spider (although very out of focus)
    Don't think its faecal trace

I think the rash is most likley that a rash or allergy.

I would suggest inspecting the rest of the area as soon as feasible and/or monitoring for signs.

At this stage though I would be on caution but not high alert.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  8. nycanon18

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 13:19:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you bed-bugscouk!!

I just bought a pack of ClimbUp and will see if that shows anything new.

Also, what characteristics should I be looking for in order to identify faecal matter?

Thanks again

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 13:56:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Faecal trace confirmation at present is all about visual identification. If you have a look at the gallery here:

http://www.bedbugbeware.com/Gallery.html

It will show you some clusters of images. They are a bit small at present but I will be updating it next week when I have time and adding more captions to it as well.

Hope that helps.

David

10. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 15:50:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Try not to adopt that "victim" label before you know what you're dealing with--it will only feed your fears that you have bbs. I'm dealing with these feelings myself, as a survivor of BBs who is constantly on alert for them. I guess what I'm saying is do as I say, not as I do: Try to remain calm. It sounds like you don't have bbs. Good luck.

11. nycanon18

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Dec 4 2011 19:29:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the support and information they've provided the past few days (sorry for having this post bumped). While the fecal spots/blood stains still freak me the hell out , I've been able to put aside a lot of fears and hopefully will hopefully find away to get over the marks on the pillowcase as well. Thanks once again!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,755 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07