Help IDing bug, is it bed bugs?

(3 posts)
  1. Observer83

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Nov 25 2016 16:36:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been getting small bites for a couple weeks, usually isolated sometimes in a gourd of 2-3. My girlfriend who shares a bed with me isn't getting them. Today I felt an irritation sensation and looked to find this small bug. I don't think it's a bed bug but wanted to make sure. If it isn't any ideas as to what it is?

Thanks

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Nov 25 2016 19:31:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Your correct its not a bed bug.

The image looses the detail when you zoom in but it appears to be a mite and possibly a bird mite.

They get discussed with reasonable frequency so a search of the forums will give you the answers.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Nov 25 2016 22:52:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely a mite, but can't say which it is from this picture.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,909 posts in 50,061 topics over 155 months by 21,885 of 22,373 members. Latest: Delusionalparasitosis, kslone1006, Hex999